xp application needs local admin rights

How do I provide user access to an application without giving them admin
rights to the local machine? The application won't run for users without
local admin rights. Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about application local admin rights

    Most applications weren't designed for this type of multi-user environment.
    Such applications need to be installed in each specific user's account to
    whom you wish to grant access.

    First, be sure the account to which you wish to grant access is set to
    administrator and not limited. Install the applications to the same folder
    in which it was originally installed. This will look the same as one
    install on your hard drive but create the pointers necessary for this user
    to have access to the application.

    Once the installation is complete, you can return the account to its limited
    status if that is what you want and the user should still have access.

    --
    Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User