Solved

Is this mobo, 880GM-LE FX, worthy of the FX-8350?

I have an Asrock 880GM-LE FX motherboard and I'd like some feedback whether it's worthy of a FX-8350 CPU. Why or Why not??
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about mobo 880gm worthy 8350
  1. no. get something with usb 3.0 at least. whats the most you are willing to spend and do you want micro atx or atx?
  2. Well as far as ATX or Micro ATX that doesn't matter. As far as price I'd say around $120 or so. I don't really OC anything because I don't know how to do that so I'll mainly be using stock speeds. I was thinking of getting the Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 (rev. 3.0), although I can't seem to find the rev. 3.0 anywhere yet. Would that be a worthy Mobo for the FX-8350 or should I go for something a bit more expensive?

Some other PC specs that I have are:
    8GB or Ram DDR3 1333
    Radeon HD 6870
    Phenom X4 965 BE
  3. Best answer
    The Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 (rev. 3.0) is a bloody good board for its price, six sata 3 ports, 8 usb 2 ports on the IO panel, plus 2 usb 3 as well. Great for overclocking, I'm running a FX-6100 at 4,0ghz, 8 gb of cheap ddr3 1600mhz ram coupled with a 560gtx, plays Skyrim on high settings at 59/60 fps and BF3 multi on ultra, not sure the fps for that but its silky smooth, all COD games on max settings 45 fps silky. With a 8350 it would be a great setup, just one word of advice, FX chips love fast ram. Only one problem I find with this board is it takes a little while for the bios to handover control to the operating system, on my bulldozer it does, I googled it and its a common problem that can be fixed by flashing a newer bios, I'm on F9 now and its annoying, a flash to F12 is meant to fix it
  4. The only reason I'm thinking of getting the Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 (rev. 3.0) is because I was told that Gigabyte and Asus mobo are better than the Asrock mobo, although I've never had a problem with the Asrock mobo.

Vanwazltoff is suggesting the ASRock 970 EXTREME3, which again I wouldn't have a problem buying, but at the same time I'd like to get a mobo that can use faster ram than DDR3 1333 without having to OC it.

Any Suggestions???
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards ASrock CPUs Product