Blank screen

G

Hello,
well where do i start eah !!!!!!! i bought myself a Toshiba Satellite p100-160 17" widescreen HD laptop from a car boot it had no charge and no mains adapter i thought i had a bargin at £100 as i was told it all worked just no charger so i went and purchesed a universal charger adding to my cost of £29.99 .I have now charged it ,Powered it up and has power on the system but the screen is all blank,I checked the back under the hard drive cover and was confronted by an empty caddy as the hard drive was not present could this be the problem....??????? PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME

signor

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010
Erm....yes not having the HDD would cause a black screen, though it should say that you are missing a boot device/media.

I would advise you go admit defeat and accept you have just lost £100, there could be numerous problems with it (or if you know the guy will be at the market again try returning it, though I doubt they will take it back)

If you are able to test another HDD in it then go for it but having seen this happened before its likely it was never going to work to start with.