Sign in with
Your question

Htpc cases....help

Last response: in Components
February 14, 2012 8:13:21 AM

I understand that htpc's are supposed to be small but why do they only come with one internal 3.25 drive bay... isnt the whole point of these pc's is for mass storage? I dont understand can someone explain? Im trying to find a nice htpc case but they all have either 1 or 2 3.25 drive bays and thats not enough....

More about : htpc cases

February 14, 2012 10:13:29 PM

rolli59 said:
HTPC is an entertainment PC movies music and such! If you thinking mass storage would be NAS server. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network-attached_storage

I get that....but a home theatre pc needs space for its movies and music....1x 3.25 drive isnt enough. like a htpc case with like 3 drive bays seems like it should be a minimum requirment. I want to build an htpc have one drive for boot... the other 2 for jbod setup storage for movies and music.

having a 1x 3.25 drive bay only gives a maximum of 3TB i think? without the use of external HDDs via usb. most htpc cases also only have 1x5.25 drive bay for optical disks drives so there would be no way to say use a 5.25 to 3.25 bay adapter for an extra drive cage.
m
l
Related resources
February 22, 2012 1:53:26 AM

thanks forthe reply. this is kinda what im looking for. not much for the desktop look but i guess it will blend in with my HT setup. i was thinking more of a vertical look but i guess that wont be happening, if anyone finds a vertical htpc case with more than one 3.5 drive bay please let me know.

Ill post that rwpritchett's answer is he best in a few days to see f anyone can find such a case. thanks everyone
m
l
!