PSP - Sticking square button

I read that Sony would be fixing the sticking square button (reported as a
problem on many of the JAP released units) on the US release of the console.
Can anyone confirm that a) it has been fixed b) what has been done to fix
it - is the microswitch still off center to the button??

thanks

The Fault came about because of the amount of plastic-resin glue used to fix
the sensor to the board..
apparently there was too much glue used in early manufacturing and the
button stuck.

every psp built since the new year is free of this quirk/flaw apparently

should be no issue now.

Nick.