Sign in with
Your question

Sound card advice for logitech z5500 speakers

Last response: in Components
February 14, 2012 8:37:59 AM

Dear,

2 days ago i bought logitech Sound system 5:1. After installation i didn't find good sound as i was expecting. I am also want to tell you i processor is Pentium core i3. Plz tell do i need another extra sound card for good and smooth sound???

Plz help me out. I will so thankful to u.

Best Regards,

Emon
February 14, 2012 11:05:32 AM

Well, first and formost, you are going to take a quality hit when using onboard audio. A soundcard will certainly help. That being said, the Z5500's, while a good desktop speaker system, are, at best, mid-range quality speakers overall. Make sure you connect via analog for best quality.

As for a soundcard, for a set of Z5500's, I wouldn't recommend anything higher then a ASUS Xonar DX.
m
l
February 14, 2012 12:19:04 PM

are we talking sound for music? don't expect bookshelf speaker quality music, even with a sound card. i have a pair of klipsch THX 2.1 speakers with a creative sound card, they sound good and are very well reviewed speakers. that being said, my mirage bookshelf speakers still blow them away in music quality & HT playback.
m
l
Related resources
February 14, 2012 12:50:30 PM

gamerk316 said:
Well, first and formost, you are going to take a quality hit when using onboard audio. A soundcard will certainly help. That being said, the Z5500's, while a good desktop speaker system, are, at best, mid-range quality speakers overall. Make sure you connect via analog for best quality.

As for a soundcard, for a set of Z5500's, I wouldn't recommend anything higher then a ASUS Xonar DX.

^+1 sound advice!
m
l
February 26, 2012 3:01:04 AM

Emtiaj said:
Dear,

2 days ago i bought logitech Sound system 5:1. After installation i didn't find good sound as i was expecting. I am also want to tell you i processor is Pentium core i3. Plz tell do i need another extra sound card for good and smooth sound???

Best Regards,

Emon

Can i use Creative Titanium X-Fi Sound Card???
m
l
February 26, 2012 3:03:47 AM

Yes the base Titanium X-Fi is a good card.
The other +$100 cards in that series are no better.
m
l
February 26, 2012 12:24:07 PM

Emtiaj said:
Can i use Creative Titanium X-Fi Sound Card???

Have one for sale on this forum.
m
l
February 27, 2012 6:13:15 AM

davcon said:
Yes the base Titanium X-Fi is a good card.
The other +$100 cards in that series are no better.

In creative Titanium which model i can take? Also I want to upgrade my Logitech Z5500 5.1 to 7.1 in future. So can u suggest me please which titanium sound card model i should take???
m
l
February 27, 2012 5:29:41 PM

Onboard optical out sounds good on Z5500.
m
l
June 1, 2013 4:18:38 PM

Emtiaj said:
Dear,

Best Regards,

Emon

m
l
June 1, 2013 4:29:46 PM

This is a old thread but was wondering what you ended up going with when it came to sound cards...Myself I also have the z-5500 and I choose the Asus Xonar essence STX that has built in Dolby Digital live and I'm using a optical cable to join them...Did you know there's many things you can do to improve sound quality..Something as easy as using a larger gage of speaker wire or picking up speaker stands for your speakers...Or buying or making your own vibration damper for your sub...because everyone know vibration is not good just these simple changes does improve sound quality.
m
l
!