G

Why is it that I see some people bashing these drives? Saying that they know of lots of people that are having problems with this drive. Where are you getting this information? I am looking at buying one.

Thanks
Ner0z

G

Why look at buying one if you hear about Problems. Check the earlier post about recommended CDR-W's in my reply the cost of a Plextor is about the same as the Aopen. Don't waste your money

G

I have owned the AOPEN 1232 for a couple months now and I say its a dream comes true, I bought it for $160 US(with shipping at Beyond Computers) and the only bad thing about it is it doesn't like certain media, mostly the ultra cheap stuff, it will still burn with it, but not at 12x, it will at 8x(10x isn't supported with cd-r's, it is with cd-rw's). Being able to burn direct cd's at 10x makes me smile widely, what an awesome drive. I have made a few coasters, but I'm talking out of hundreds of good disc, I'd say its above normal. I give it an A+

LordKaos

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001
Well then !
What would you give the PLEXTOR that do everything that the AOpen doesn´t?

A+++++?

Better burn in Hell with some company than freeze in Heaven all alone

crapple0

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Stay the HELL away from AOpen!!!! I bought this piece of crap back in early November, it didn't work. I sent it back to AOpen with them telling me "two weeks turnaround". I didn't get my drive back until after xmas.

It is still a piece....it doesn't like my Imation CD-R's...last time I checked, they were still considered a good brand. It took 6 coasters before I could make 2 cd's. Even AOpen's site give you firmware updates to improve (their own wording) "yield of CD-R's". What a joke of a product.

If I wasn't clear...STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM AOPEN!

~Crapple0

"intel inside, idiot outside"