Your advice please. Will my system get the most out of a GTX560 ti?

nzcompgeek

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011
Hey guys. Been a long time browser of this site but this is my first post.

I am thinking of upgrading my GTX 260 for GTX 560 ti in prep for skyrim! So, I have three questions.

Q1) I narrowed my card I want down to EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti DS Superclocked, a MSI N560GTX TI twin frozr II or a Asus ENGTX560 TI direct CU II TOP.

I know all three of these cards are similar and i'm leaning towards the EVGA card. Is there advice you guys have about which of the three stands above the others? Please bear in mind that the plan in the next 6 mths is to upgrade the mainboard and buy a second card for SLI.

Q2) I plan to upgrade the PSU at the same time. the one I am currently looking at is Antec 620W ATX NEO ECO PSU. Is this PSU in your opinion up to the job now, and later for two of these cards in SLI?

Q3) I am unsure if my current mainboard is PCI-E version 1.0, 1.1 or 2.0. I cannot seem to find any info online. It is a OEM board from HP. It is a MSI MS-7613 Iona-GL8E. I have a report from CPU-Z but cant find a way to post it. Can you point me to where to look on this document to answer this question or is there a way to post it on this forum so you guys can read it?

Thanks in advance guys. This is slow progress with my meager knowledge and could use some educated advice.

jordanjr23

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011
im not sure about the video cards since i own an amd card but i have the same power supply and it only has 2 6 pin pcie connectors so not the 4 required for crossfire or sli on most cards and you probably would want at least a 700 watt power supply to be on the safe side when using crossfire or sli with most higher end video cards

nzcompgeek

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011
Sure! Haha sorrry about the lack of vital info.

Currently:

Intel I7-860 @ 2.8ghz
8g of ddr3 ram
MSI MS-7613 Iona-GL8E Mobo

Plus:

Antec 620W ATX NEO ECO PSU

If there are any other specifics you need let me know.

Thanks again.

Zenthar

Distinguished
If you could post links to the exact models, it might help too, I see many models with similar names and different specs.

Anyway, they seem to run all at about the same speed 900/1800 except the MSI, but the later also seems to run much cooler and quieter than the others so it might be a question of what you want exactly.