Sign in with
Your question

HELPPP

Last response: in Motherboards
December 19, 2012 5:12:13 PM

Hi all,

So this is my first post here as well as working on my first build. I have gathered a diablotek case, which i received for free, ASUS 24" monitor which i couldnt pass up the deal. and thats it lol

Now that i have a case i figure its about time to start building!! I am pretty capable when it comes to computers I've taken them apart fixed issued replaced CPUs and RAM and such. But never tried to build one from scratch. I am having the hardest time finding which MOBO and CPU to choose, every time i decide i change my mind and start over. Right now i kind of like the idea of an integrated graphics in the CPU and have come up with getting the :

AsRock FM2A85X extreme 6 (mobo)
AMD A10-5800K trinity APU

I have been reading like crazy and here great things and reviews about both of these items but just am not sure if i should go with the FM2 socket or stick with the more popular fairly older AM3+ socket.

I don't plan on any serious gaming, but do plan to watch a lot of netflix and hi-res movies on it. Some places i here the integrated graphics will be fine other places it makes me question.

I do plan on having a dual monitor system set up for multitasking purposes.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated! and if this is not an ideal choice for me any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!

More about : helppp

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
December 20, 2012 6:42:21 PM

an asrock extreme6 fm2 board and an a10-5800k are great combination. get high clocked memory for it, trinity apu's greatly benefit from faster ram and they share ram with the cpu, so get 8gb of high speed ram like this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
l
December 20, 2012 7:29:15 PM

thanks for the response,, i actually just purchased the MOBO it was on sale for 89.99 and the cpu ill wait till it drops...

I was looking at that exact ram but instead the 16gb at 1866mhz.. do you think that would be sufficient or should i get the 2133 in 16gb...( i for some reason want 16gb so i dont have to upgrade in the future!
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
December 20, 2012 7:48:14 PM

you dont need 16gb, 8 is plenty unless you are going to do extreme photo editing or something
m
l
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
December 20, 2012 7:48:29 PM

i mean video editing
m
l
December 20, 2012 8:05:46 PM

Hmmm well that is really good to know!! thanks!
m
l
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
December 21, 2012 7:13:30 AM

try to get a high clock speed though, like a said trinity graphics benefit greatly from high speed ram
m
l
December 25, 2012 2:35:53 PM

I do have another question...I am reading that some ram says its intel supported and am1/am2/am3+ compatible...I really am leaning toward the gskill ram but will it work in FM2 socket???
m
l
!