Need help finding driver for DVD drive.

G

Hello

After a recent move i misplaced my drivers for my pioneer DVD 10x slot drive. Could anybody please direct me too where these drivers mite be found.

To be more specific the drive is- pioneer DVD-104. Manufactured by hi-val. The drive reads cd-rom disks flawlessly but i just need the drivers for the DVD portion.
This is also the 10x slot drive.

thanks for the help and have a great day

mark

"I thought i would never see a resonance cascade, let alone create one."

Majeskty

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
There is no such thing as device drivers for the DVD units it will read data DVD's fine. But if you are wanting to view movies you will need software player. I have the same DVD as you do 10x but mine is a tray unit and not the slot. But anyway Windows 98 should load the drivers to make the unit work with cd-rom and data DVD disks. But you could go to either HI Vals web site or even Pioneer's for any firmware or dos drivers.

G

that's for win98.. what if this person isn't using Win9X??

***Hey I run Intel... but let's get real***

Majeskty

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Well I guess they will be 'S O L' because since most homes have PC's and not Apples. He did not say so you have to assume it is a PC that he was asking about since he gave an after market device HI VAL.

Majeskty

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hey you are the one who questioned the OS for the original posting. Plus not too many programs run in DOS any more ['Genious' it's "Genius"] so by his question you would assume a Windows Environment and the cd-rom support on a Windows 98 boot disk works with the drive. Windows 98 will install all drivers to make the drive work with either cd-rom disks or DVD Data disks, but for DVD movie's you need a DVD softplayer to play them. Even the manual states that no driver disk is provided because it is not needed in Windows 98.

I did not say there was no drivers available just they were not needed unless you boot into MS DOS MODE without a Startup Disk then you would need some driver lines in the auto.exec and config.sys files and the drivers installed for DOS.