Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.server.active_directory,microsoft.public.windows.tabletpc,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

In the past week I have helped two of my clients (for now) test and move
some systems to XP SP2 - one wanted a COE process around XP SP2. They
originally hated it because they mentioned it slowed their systems down or
prevented some things to not work or other...

After spending just two days at most between the two clients, I proved to
them that it was not SP2 - it existed BEFORE SP2 and that SP2 brought it to
surface. Eventually, I did two separate installs onto new systems and used
their softwares and made several tweaks.

Now, it works better than they thought and are quite satisfied.

MORAL of the story...there are too many uneducated people (before you guys
whine about something not working - try to imagine - maybe its you or lack
of knowledge) who thinks they're technical until you teach them something
about XP - it's not just about installing an OS - you have to KNOW how to
configure it specially with applications in Enterprises. Even with XP or XP
SP1 - I see MANY clients with misconfigurd systems for an enterprise. Like
I said, its more than installing or upgrading - there are alot of
configurations that needs to be done which MS doesn't do too well in
documenting. If there are enough requests, I can or will provide this to
the community as I do for my clients - a LITE version of the info.

Don't give up people. Trust me, XP SP2 works and works well.

norm

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.server.active_directory,microsoft.public.windows.tabletpc,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

I too would like to see it.

Norm

"LL" <ll@mail.com> wrote in message
> In the past week I have helped two of my clients (for now) test and move
> some systems to XP SP2 - one wanted a COE process around XP SP2. They
> originally hated it because they mentioned it slowed their systems down or
> prevented some things to not work or other...
>
> After spending just two days at most between the two clients, I proved to
> them that it was not SP2 - it existed BEFORE SP2 and that SP2 brought it
> surface. Eventually, I did two separate installs onto new systems and
used
> their softwares and made several tweaks.
>
> Now, it works better than they thought and are quite satisfied.
>
> MORAL of the story...there are too many uneducated people (before you guys
> whine about something not working - try to imagine - maybe its you or lack
> of knowledge) who thinks they're technical until you teach them something
> about XP - it's not just about installing an OS - you have to KNOW how to
> configure it specially with applications in Enterprises. Even with XP or
XP
> SP1 - I see MANY clients with misconfigurd systems for an enterprise.
Like
> I said, its more than installing or upgrading - there are alot of
> configurations that needs to be done which MS doesn't do too well in
> documenting. If there are enough requests, I can or will provide this to
> the community as I do for my clients - a LITE version of the info.
>
> Don't give up people. Trust me, XP SP2 works and works well.

Charlie

LL wrote:

<SNIP>

> Don't give up people. Trust me, XP SP2 works and works well.

Better still, wait whilst the wrinkles appear and (maybe) get sorted. In
the meantime keep a wary eye on:
http://isc.sans.org/xpsp2.php where 51 per cent of respondents have had
a problem from minor to a complete balls up (5%).

I expect to being installing SP2 on my systems some time in early November.

Charlie.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.server.active_directory,microsoft.public.windows.tabletpc,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Could you post "SP2 - Tip of the Week (or Month, or Day)" LITE messages.
I would read them all.

Thanks.

"LL" <ll@mail.com> wrote in message news:ukWwcCOgEHA.632@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
| In the past week I have helped two of my clients (for now) test and move
| some systems to XP SP2 - one wanted a COE process around XP SP2. They
| originally hated it because they mentioned it slowed their systems down or
| prevented some things to not work or other...
|
| After spending just two days at most between the two clients, I proved to
| them that it was not SP2 - it existed BEFORE SP2 and that SP2 brought it to
| surface. Eventually, I did two separate installs onto new systems and used
| their softwares and made several tweaks.
|
| Now, it works better than they thought and are quite satisfied.
|
| MORAL of the story...there are too many uneducated people (before you guys
| whine about something not working - try to imagine - maybe its you or lack
| of knowledge) who thinks they're technical until you teach them something
| about XP - it's not just about installing an OS - you have to KNOW how to
| configure it specially with applications in Enterprises. Even with XP or XP
| SP1 - I see MANY clients with misconfigurd systems for an enterprise. Like
| I said, its more than installing or upgrading - there are alot of
| configurations that needs to be done which MS doesn't do too well in
| documenting. If there are enough requests, I can or will provide this to
| the community as I do for my clients - a LITE version of the info.
|
| Don't give up people. Trust me, XP SP2 works and works well.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.tabletpc,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

I am awaiting for Microsoft's support and approval for this...as soon as
they approve, expect the following:

- Video step by step configuration guide
- Explanation of settings and configurations
- Much much more....

I need more than 2 people to support this or MS does NOT even look at it.

"bknipfer" <bknipfer.1ay1ox@news.mobileminds.com> wrote in message

> I too would enjoy the how to posted here.
>
> I have experience some of what you mention with Small Business Server
> 2000. It was quite slow and hard to deal with. Went to XP and my
> dedicated IP server works much, much faster. Oh, to know how to get
> the MS server software to work as well. Probably my own fault in
> configuration is what I am hearing here.
>
> Brent
>

> --
> bknipfer
>
> Brent J Knipfer
> 940-594-9938
> Corporate improvement at the point of attack.
> bknipfer's Profile:
> http://www.mobileminds.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1660
> View this thread: http://www.mobileminds.com/showthread.php?threadid=81481

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.tabletpc,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windows.server.active_directory (More info?)

Count me in for a request. And .. thank you very much for offering to put it
out here.

LadyEnigma

LL wrote:

> I am awaiting for Microsoft's support and approval for this...as soon as
> they approve, expect the following:
>
> - Video step by step configuration guide
> - Explanation of settings and configurations
> - Much much more....
>
> I need more than 2 people to support this or MS does NOT even look at it.

====
I'm interested too.

splashy