Will I be able to SLI?

I am buying a system from CyberPowerpc.com and I would like to know if I can SLI.

My graphics card will be a nvidia gtx 570.

Powersupply: Corsair professional Series 750txv2 80 plus power supply.

I am very confused with the motherboard right now:
[CrossFireX] GigaByte Z68AP-D3 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ Intel Smart Response Tech. & 7.1 Dolby Home Theater Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, 2x SATA-III RAID, mSATA connector onboard, 2 Gen2 PCIe, 3 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI.

IS this a good motherboard? Also will I be able to sli with it? Because in the beginning it says [crossfireX] does that mean I will only be able to crossfire? Can a nvidia card even run on the motherboard?
I have always been confused with motherboards, and I need an answer to my problem haha.

Also will my power supply be able to handle two gtx 570's?
4 answers Last reply
More about will
  1. Your motherboard is only Xfire capable, no SLi for you mate. Sorry.
  2. The GigaByte Z68AP-D3 is a good motherboard.
    It is a bit cheaper because Gigabyte did not pay the added license fee to allow SLI.
    A GTX570 will run very well on it, and will game on a 1080P monitor very well. Dual cards are not really necessary unless you are into triple monitor gaming.

Go ahead and get it. If, in the future, you want a graphics power increase, just sell the GTX570 and replace it with the next best thing.
    At that time, it will probably not be desireable to buy a second obsolete card when one of the new 28nm cards are out.
    The 750w psu is sufficient for the strongest single graphics card made today.
  3. No, the GigaByte Z68AP-D3 Intel Z68 only has a CrossfireX controller meaning it lacks the SLI controller (forgot it's name). the Asus P8p67 pro is about the same price (you can find it at 130$) and it supports SLI and Crossfire.

For the power supply. There is no problem from what I calculated (600W needed). You can calculate it here for yourself : http://extreme.outervision.com/PSUEngine.
  4. Alright I went back to the configuration and to have it both sli/crossfirex i would have to pay $23 extra. I think I can handle that, and it would be a more future proof option. The new motherboard would be als from gigabyte and basically the same specs but $23 more.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards SLI Motherboards Graphics