Will I be able to SLI?

justjohn5

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
I am buying a system from CyberPowerpc.com and I would like to know if I can SLI.

My graphics card will be a nvidia gtx 570.

Powersupply: Corsair professional Series 750txv2 80 plus power supply.

I am very confused with the motherboard right now:
[CrossFireX] GigaByte Z68AP-D3 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ Intel Smart Response Tech. & 7.1 Dolby Home Theater Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, 2x SATA-III RAID, mSATA connector onboard, 2 Gen2 PCIe, 3 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI.

IS this a good motherboard? Also will I be able to sli with it? Because in the beginning it says [crossfireX] does that mean I will only be able to crossfire? Can a nvidia card even run on the motherboard?
I have always been confused with motherboards, and I need an answer to my problem haha.

Also will my power supply be able to handle two gtx 570's?

The GigaByte Z68AP-D3 is a good motherboard.
It is a bit cheaper because Gigabyte did not pay the added license fee to allow SLI.
A GTX570 will run very well on it, and will game on a 1080P monitor very well. Dual cards are not really necessary unless you are into triple monitor gaming.

Go ahead and get it. If, in the future, you want a graphics power increase, just sell the GTX570 and replace it with the next best thing.
At that time, it will probably not be desireable to buy a second obsolete card when one of the new 28nm cards are out.
The 750w psu is sufficient for the strongest single graphics card made today.

psyxix

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011
No, the GigaByte Z68AP-D3 Intel Z68 only has a CrossfireX controller meaning it lacks the SLI controller (forgot it's name). the Asus P8p67 pro is about the same price (you can find it at 130$) and it supports SLI and Crossfire.

For the power supply. There is no problem from what I calculated (600W needed). You can calculate it here for yourself : http://extreme.outervision.com/PSUEngine.

justjohn5

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
Alright I went back to the configuration and to have it both sli/crossfirex i would have to pay $23 extra. I think I can handle that, and it would be a more future proof option. The new motherboard would be als from gigabyte and basically the same specs but $23 more.