Need Your Thoughts on This Issue

gcmartini

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012
Hey y'all,
"Warning! CPU -2.0 (3.0 or 4.0 sometimes pops up) centigrade"
I encounter this message every 10 or so seconds at the bottom right of my screen with different centigrades.
I have a ASUS P8Z68 - V - LX mobo with an i5 2500k with a recently attached Corsair H60.
When I was using the stock heat sink, I got these messages too, but they did not come as often and as much as they do now. My temperatures are fine, around 25 degrees idle. This message is very frustrating when trying to do work. I am looking forward to some helpful comments on how to get rid of it.
Thanks,
Gc

gcmartini

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012

Thanks for the comment!
Isn't the Al Suite for the USB 3.0 boost though? Correct me if I'm worng.
Gc

yes it does that amongst other things

if you want to just disable the temperature monitoring part off it you probably can by going through the settings

but if you just exit it to begin with and the messages stop then you know its the problem--i am 95% sure it is

coming from ai suite

gcmartini

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012

Thanks very much!
I took your advice and it worked!
Editing and having that message pop up really gets you of guard.
Thanks again!
Gc

you are welcome :D

and if you use the auto overclocking use cpuz to monitor your cpu voltage as when i tried it the AI suite spiked

far too much voltage to my cpu when it was under heavy load--when i saw 1.6v on my new 2600k i nearly had a

heart attack--i shut it down immediately by pulling out the power cord

gcmartini

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012
Thank y'all everyone!
Thanks for your help!
And yes, I do use CPUZ, it's a great program. It's descriptive when telling you specific specs.
My 2500k reaches about 1.3v on a load, so I guess it's doing fine.
Thanks again for all your help everyone. This forums great; people respond quickly and get to the point.
Gc