Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Case fans help or hinder video cards?

Last response: in Components
February 14, 2012 11:49:39 PM

I have been browsing Newegg and one case has caught my eye. The Sentey Arvina.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I like the idea of having fans blowing cool air directly onto the graphics card, but is it worthwhile? Nowadays, a lot of plastic covers the graphics card and the video cards own fan may be an exhaust which would going against the airflow...

So...is this case design faulty? The case itself may not be worth it since reviews say the fans are very weak, but what about the concept of the fans on the side of the case?
a b U Graphics card
February 15, 2012 12:23:10 AM

Yes sentey fans are crap, but having fans on the side panel is worth while for cooling the gpu, especially if you have more than one starving for air.
Score
February 15, 2012 12:39:06 AM

omega21xx said:
Yes sentey fans are crap, but having fans on the side panel is worth while for cooling the gpu, especially if you have more than one starving for air.

You have a sentey...did you replace the fans?
Score
Related resources

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
February 15, 2012 12:41:57 AM

hansari said:
You have a sentey...did you replace the fans?

I got rid of all the fans, except the front LED fan, kept it just for looks :) 
The side fan for gpu's i replaced with a Delta fan, those high powered ones that will slice your fingers off, or at least give you a nasty cut.
You can buy the cheapest case fan off newegg and they will work ALOT better than the ones that come in the sentey cases. Otherwise great case aside from the fans.
a c 110 ) Power supply
a c 109 U Graphics card
February 15, 2012 12:56:53 AM

I would get a corsair case.
Score
a b U Graphics card
February 15, 2012 1:08:04 AM

amuffin said:
I would get a corsair case.

To each their own, if you want the best temps without having to mod the case, the rosewill thor 2 is amazing. Great temps without causing more noise.
Score
February 15, 2012 7:10:38 AM

Best answer selected by hansari.
Score
a b ) Power supply
a c 271 U Graphics card
February 15, 2012 3:33:33 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!