Solved

GB-Z77X-UD3H w/1866ram?

So the specifications of the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H clearly states that it supports memory higher than 1600 when over clocked.

I already ran across 16gigs of 1866 Corsair Vengence ram, and snapped it up. The UD3H supported memory list includes 1866 ram (although it does not include this specific model).

Q: when I first boot up my new board will it accept the 1866 ram and run it @ 1600 w/o any OC or tweeking? Or am I going to have to OC the CMOS before reaching a stable configuration and booting up my new system? (might i need to loosen up timings from 9-10-9-24?)

Thanks guys, you're my heroes!
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about z77x ud3h 1866ram
  1. Hi, 1600 is probably the default speed (SPD). You have to enable the XMP in BIOS for 1866.
  2. Yea. Got ya. but I should be able to under clock this ram from the word go right? Then I'll work on tightening the timings at 1600 or adjusting the freq to 1866 if I get my cpu that high. No sense in going over a 1:1 ratio, it will just bottle neck. These i5 processors rely primarily on adjusting the multiplier for OC right?
  3. Best answer
  4. Best answer selected by reefteck.
  5. alexoiu said:

Yah eventually I reached my own conclusion that it was going to be fine. But this was a great guide. Thanks a bunch for the link! I did manage to get the timings on this ram down to 7-8-7-22
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory RAM