Overclocking a 2120 cpu with asus efi

arcadez

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
So I haven't overclocked before, but I'd like to learn. Today I've put together a mini itx computer and I want to know if I can overclock it? I have a p8h61-i asus mobo and a i3-2120 cpu. I know its not an unlocked cpu but I've read you can get it to a 3.4 from a 3.3, although asus bio is not letting me change the bclock (I see no option just the cpu ratio but I can't change that). I might be missing something I deno; I just want to get it to a 3.4 like I've seen here :

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1650/17/

If anyone can help me it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

G

that was a Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 board which has overclocking features than an H61/7 board does not have.

i have the p8h67-v with gpu boost, which i believe your board also has. there is a physical switch by dimm slot 3 to enable gpu boost. (the red light comes on then) then in the bios you can enable it which raises the bclk to 103 (thats it!). my 2120 runs at 3.399 whoppeee! :)

the only other joy i have had was to under volt it. i forgot exactly what my (-)offset is though in HW moinitor it dips to .071 volts and jumps to 1.07 volts without any errors running prime for two hours with speed step enabled.

hope this helps.