riapsed

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008
I'm planning to upgrade my video card to the BFG GeForce 8800 GT OC. To do so, however, I'll need to buy a new motherboard because my current one does not have a PCI-Express slot. I'll also need a new power supply. I have very little knowledge of computer parts, so I'm asking for advice on which motherboard and power supply I should get. Both the motherboard and the power supply must be good enough to run the video card smoothly. I might also upgrade my memory; my current ram is 512MB, so any suggestions on which ram would be appreciated. I'm willing to pay around $150 each for the motherboard/powersupply, and around $80 for the ram. I'm a hardcore gamer, so base your suggestions off that as well.

Heres the thing though: I'll only be shopping for the parts at my local electronics store, which is www.NCIX.COM. So the parts that you recommend for me MUST be sold at that store.

Thanks.

G

what cpu socket do you have?intel 775 or amd am2?if u using intel i suggest take asus mobo P35K its around $150.for the psu go with Silverstone Strider ST56F(around $97) with 560 w power,it performance is good,stable and supports 80+ efficiency.for the ram take Team 2x1GB DDR 2 800 Elite, heatspreader($65)it's performance is awesome almost same performance with the lowest DDR3 ram.but i'll leave it up to you,right?

G

what cpu socket do you have?intel 775 or amd am2?if u using intel i suggest take asus mobo P35K its around $150, if your cpu amd then take Abit AX78($99).for the psu go with Silverstone Strider ST56F(around $97) with 560 w power,it performance is good,stable and supports 80+ efficiency.for the ram take Team 2x1GB DDR 2 800 Elite, heatspreader($65)it's performance is awesome almost same performance with the lowest DDR3 ram.but i'll leave it up to you,right?