How is this build for my first time ever?

ScottR

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2011
Ok, updated my post to make it a bit easier to read. If anyone can explain to me how to add links I would appreciate it.

I am going to build my first PC designed for gaming and surfing the internet only. Im simply looking for suggestions and how this build stands up. The games I play or plan on playing are SWTOR, LOTRO, Skyrim, BF3, and others. I plan on spending no more than $1200 max. If there are any items listed that can be replaced or substituted let me know please. I did a lot of planning and I think the compatibility of all the items will work. Any suggestions would be great. Looking at purchasing in the next week or so.

CPU - Intel Core i5 2500k

GPU - MSI GTX 560 Ti

MOBO - ASUS P8Z68-V PRO

CPU Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus

HDD - Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKX

PSU - Corsair TX750M

RAM - Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)

Case - Rosewill BlackHawk ATX Mid Tower

DvD ROM - LITE-ON Black 18X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM

OS - Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit

Solution
ASRock Z68 is a very good brand, ASUS is good as well plus with their UEFI ability it is a good way for a first time OC'er to make sure it is done as properly as possible. I've never used an ASUS UEFI motherboard before but. They are one of the major motherboard companies around so it should be pretty easy and if you choose ASRock or any other motherboard the members of TH will be able to help you out with setp-by-step instructions on how to OC it properly and efficiently as well. So its up to you.

ScottR

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2011
Not sure tbh. I keep seeing people with that processor ocing theirs. Ive never done it before but Im sure I can figure it out. At the least I know others who have done it and can help.

Is that board u listed easy to oc still?

Emelth

Distinguished
ASRock Z68 is a very good brand, ASUS is good as well plus with their UEFI ability it is a good way for a first time OC'er to make sure it is done as properly as possible. I've never used an ASUS UEFI motherboard before but. They are one of the major motherboard companies around so it should be pretty easy and if you choose ASRock or any other motherboard the members of TH will be able to help you out with setp-by-step instructions on how to OC it properly and efficiently as well. So its up to you.

Solution