Sign in with
Your question

Want to buy a PC case & power supply?

Last response: in Components
February 15, 2012 8:30:06 AM

Hi All,

I have an ASUS P8P67 pro mother board, I7 2600k Processor, 2 HDD, 8GB Ram.
Nvidia Quadro 2000 Graphic card.

I am looking for a good PC casing which will fit my motherboard easily & good power supply unit.
I want the Power supply unit on top of PC casing & not at the bottom.

Hoping quick reply.

Thanks

More about : buy case power supply

February 15, 2012 10:28:02 AM

Antec darkfleet DF 85 case and arctic pro 950W PSU will work and will be future proof, also not breaking the bank to much.
m
l
February 15, 2012 10:28:36 AM

Why do you want the PSU on the top?
m
l
Related resources
February 15, 2012 10:51:18 AM

the df-85 does not support a top mounted power supply however it is a decent case (it isnt cheap tho).

PSU being top mounted makes no sence, why do you think 99% of high performance cases mount them on the bottom....

If its a cabling issue buy extension, there cheap and it will prove better than buying a rubbish case.

FYI, Corsair 600t se white, just replaced my df-85 with it and im so glad I did, the 600t is a rediculusly good case for cable management and cooling, buy it and forever be dissapointed with any other case.
m
l
February 15, 2012 11:08:55 AM

signor said:
the df-85 does not support a top mounted power supply however it is a decent case (it isnt cheap tho).

PSU being top mounted makes no sence, why do you think 99% of high performance cases mount them on the bottom....

If its a cabling issue buy extension, there cheap and it will prove better than buying a rubbish case.

FYI, Corsair 600t se white, just replaced my df-85 with it and im so glad I did, the 600t is a rediculusly good case for cable management and cooling, buy it and forever be dissapointed with any other case.

Im getting bored of my df 85, il have a look at that 600t =P
m
l
February 15, 2012 1:31:56 PM

silverliquicity said:
Why do you want the PSU on the top?

Thanks for the reply silverliquicity.

I have heard that PSU maintain temperature of the case, by throwing the heat from the case.
As hot air is light it accumulate on top of the case, so it PSU is on top it will throw the heat air out.

If you have any other suggestion, please reply.

How about corsair TX750 PSU is it good, as i am from india.

I can only get brands like cooler master, corsair, seasonic.
m
l
a c 111 ) Power supply
a b V Motherboard
February 16, 2012 9:56:20 AM

livin_raj said:
Thanks for the reply silverliquicity.

I have heard that PSU maintain temperature of the case, by throwing the heat from the case.
As hot air is light it accumulate on top of the case, so it PSU is on top it will throw the heat air out.

If you have any other suggestion, please reply.

How about corsair TX750 PSU is it good, as i am from india.

I can only get brands like cooler master, corsair, seasonic.

If you get a good case you mount the psu in the bottom. Then you flip it over so the fan is facing down wards.
m
l
a c 1203 ) Power supply
a c 223 V Motherboard
February 16, 2012 3:41:29 PM

The power supply unit internal fan's job is to cool the power supply unit itself not to cool the computer case.

It's the case cooling fans' job to cool the computer case.
m
l
a c 288 ) Power supply
a b V Motherboard
February 16, 2012 10:41:58 PM

Most cases with bottom mounted PSUs have a top mounted fan which extracts the heat, the PSU fan really isn't meant to act as an exhaust fan, its purpose in life is to cool the PSU not to cool the system so having the PSU at the top is actually going to hinder case cooling as it causes you not to have a top fan.
m
l
!