I have Dell Precision Workstation 670 But it's memory has been stolen,

benonipro

Honorable
Dec 20, 2012
I have Dell Precision Workstation 670 But it's memory has been stolen,
I try to add other ones but it doesn't accept them please can any one tell me what can i do?, I used to add DDR2 800 2GB U-DIMM.

seb2sebcustom

Honorable
Jun 10, 2013
YES ECC BUT HE FORGOT THE F IT HAS TO BE FULL BUFFERD AND IT ITS PC2-5300F NOT PC2-3200 AND U HAVE TO GET THE RIGHT RANK
SO GET DDR2 ECC FB PC2-5300 AS FOR THE RANKS THIS SOULD HELP

NOT WRITTEN BYE ME !!!!!!!!!!!
"I think the Precision 690 motherboard can accept a maximum of 8 ranks, so if you use 2R memory, you can fill only 4 slots before rest of ram is wasted. If you use 1R memory (single Rank) you can fill all 8 slots. However, I assume the Memory Riser cards allow this 8 rank limit to be exceeded.
Lets say you have:
4pcs of 1GB 2Rank (2R) memory in slots 1-4
Then put 4 pcs of 4GB 4rank (4R) memory in slots 5-8
First of all, they will be downgraded to 2R and lose half their capacity, so bios will show then as 2GB 2R, but because they are 4R they will not work on their own (system will beep on post). And because all 8 Ranks are already used by your slots 1-4, the ram is not useable (windows would show 12GB installed (4 gb useable)).
Hope this helps the many of you who are asking about this...
If you want 16gb best bet is 4 x 4GB 2R memory...
If you want more, get the risers... which I believe are designed to work with 1gb or 512mb single rank dimms for a max of 64GB"
NOW BYE ME
I THINK THAT WRONG BECAUSE I HAVE 8X 1GB 2RX8 IN SLOTS 1-8 AND IN MY BIOS ITS SAYS THAT ITS ALL WORKING BUT I HAVE NOT INSTALLED WINDOWS 7 YET GETTING DRIVERS AND UPDATES IF ANY ONE CAN HELP PLZ THANKS SEB