Black screen, white flashing underscore,

when i turn my hp invent on it goes past the hp invent with the f1 f2 f3 ect options at the bottom , but instead of it starting windows normally it goes straight to a black screen with a blinking underscore in the top corner . i have tried everything what do i do now? please help i really am not the best with these kind of computer problems .
2 answers Last reply
More about black screen white flashing underscore
  1. So your laptop doesn't boot and doesn't go past the HP Invent Screen.

1. Did anything change in your laptop - any hardware/software added/removed?
    2. Did you reinstall Windows and now it is not booting

Please provide some more info and somebody would be able to help - Thank you!!!
  2. i am having the same issue, but from my searches online unless you find someone who really knows what they are talking about this is gona be ur standard answer.

insert installation disk and and use recovery mode on it, select operating system the click continue.

if that doesnt fix ur problem or if you operating system doesnt show up in the recovery mode like mine then you hard drive has probably went bad, try booting from another hard drive and if it works you know thats the issue as for how to fix it, thats a question i am still pondering
Ask a new question

Read More

Cyberpower Computer Hewlett Packard Systems