ZALMAN CNPS5X vs Hyper 212Plus vs Vortex plus

kouroubel

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012
Due to high profile ram chips blocking the CPU cooler I have to decide between a ZALMAN CNPS5X with a pushing orientation, a Hyper 212Plus with a pulling orientation and a Vortex Plus (pushing with fan on top).

Given that quiet operation is my primary objective, which one would you recommend?

Solution

Ah well I didnt see it because quiet is spelled wrong. The Hyper 212 is definitely the way to go.

Check out www.frostytech.com
What CPU you putting this on? Are you overclocking? Will sound level of the fan be a concern?

The Hyper 212plus would be my choice its been tried and true for years now and it is at a good price. The Hyper 212 is also the quietest fan out of the ones you listed too.

kouroubel

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012
CPU is the A8-3850 with no overclocking.

I know that the Hyper 212 is the best choice but what about if I use it with a pulling configuration instead of the normal pushing? Will it be more efficient than the other two then?

As I said in my OP, silent operation is no1 objective.

I'd go with the EVO version of the Hyper 212+. Pulling isn't as effective, but you shouldn't see a significant performance drop...maybe a few degrees. That should leave you more quiet and still cooler than the other two choices.

Ah well I didnt see it because quiet is spelled wrong. The Hyper 212 is definitely the way to go.

Check out www.frostytech.com

Solution

jemm

Distinguished
One thing that you could try without a problem with the Hyper 212 Plus (not the EVO) is to place the pushing fan a little bit higher than the normal place to avoid it to touch the memory, then use the pulling fan to compensate any loss in the air flow.