Sign in with
Your question
Solved

ZALMAN CNPS5X vs Hyper 212Plus vs Vortex plus

Last response: in Components
February 15, 2012 9:33:54 AM

Due to high profile ram chips blocking the CPU cooler I have to decide between a ZALMAN CNPS5X with a pushing orientation, a Hyper 212Plus with a pulling orientation and a Vortex Plus (pushing with fan on top).

Given that quiet operation is my primary objective, which one would you recommend?
a b ) Power supply
February 15, 2012 1:20:40 PM

What CPU you putting this on? Are you overclocking? Will sound level of the fan be a concern?

The Hyper 212plus would be my choice its been tried and true for years now and it is at a good price. The Hyper 212 is also the quietest fan out of the ones you listed too.
m
l
February 15, 2012 1:43:24 PM

CPU is the A8-3850 with no overclocking.

I know that the Hyper 212 is the best choice but what about if I use it with a pulling configuration instead of the normal pushing? Will it be more efficient than the other two then?

As I said in my OP, silent operation is no1 objective.
m
l
Related resources
a c 158 ) Power supply
February 15, 2012 1:58:16 PM

I'd go with the EVO version of the Hyper 212+. Pulling isn't as effective, but you shouldn't see a significant performance drop...maybe a few degrees. That should leave you more quiet and still cooler than the other two choices.
m
l

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
February 15, 2012 2:28:21 PM

kouroubel said:
CPU is the A8-3850 with no overclocking.

I know that the Hyper 212 is the best choice but what about if I use it with a pulling configuration instead of the normal pushing? Will it be more efficient than the other two then?

As I said in my OP, silent operation is no1 objective.

Ah well I didnt see it because quiet is spelled wrong. The Hyper 212 is definitely the way to go.

Check out www.frostytech.com
a b ) Power supply
February 15, 2012 2:44:15 PM

One thing that you could try without a problem with the Hyper 212 Plus (not the EVO) is to place the pushing fan a little bit higher than the normal place to avoid it to touch the memory, then use the pulling fan to compensate any loss in the air flow.
m
l
February 22, 2012 11:16:50 AM

Best answer selected by kouroubel.
m
l
!