ASRock Z77 Extreme4 vs Gigabyte GA-Z77MX-D3H

blazetro

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012
which mobo should i get for my
1.i5 3570k
2.2x4gb corsair vengence
3.ati 6670 1gb ddr5 graphic card

i would be overclocking 3570k over 4.2ghz.....
i can't find much difference between them......
what is/are difference between them?
pleaseeee help me

Solution
G
get the extreme4, it has the best price/performance/feature ratio at that price point

blazetro

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012

is extreme4 support crosfirex/nvidia sli?
if i run 1 graphic card will it be running at 3.0x16?

bucknutty

Distinguished
I have the extreme 4 and with an i7 3770k and 2 gtx470s in SLI. Runs great fast boot no issues. 1 wierd thing mine does is once in a while when booting it seems to take a long time like 30 seconds to detect the sata drives. Most of the time this only takes 2 or 3 seconds. I have the board filled. I got 1 ssd 2 hds 2 dvdrws 2 video cards 4 ram sticks and every fan header is being used.

G

yes to both questions, but if you are running 2 graphics cards they will run at x16x0 or x8/x8, it doesnt matter for gaming that much though

groundrat

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2012
ASRock is Asus 2nd tier brand. You may run into an issue with the board and need to RMA it, but Asus is very good about shipping out replacement boards. I'd say, from my read of feedback on Newegg and other sites that youu have a 33% chance of getting a bad board your first time out and a 10% or getting a bad board after the RMA.

I have never had a Gigabyte board come to me bad but others have.

The Extreme ASRock is better for overclocking.

G

every brand has their own issues. my gripe with gigabyte is low quality components, no vram heat sinks, bad usb controllers, sub-par audio, etc. they make good higher end boards though. asrock boards are really well balanced for the price and are more competitive for lower priced boards

blazetro

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012
in my country both motherboard price are same.......but retailer says customer care will be better for gigabyte mobo but i like asrock mobo.........
so please anyone can tell atleast 1 difference or which one better between them so that i can confirm my decision....

G

ive had problems with wake from sleep, i dont even know if gigabyte supports it on some motherboards