Sign in with
Your question

Asus P6T Deluxe V2 Memory Option

Last response: in Motherboards
December 20, 2012 4:32:05 PM

Hello,
Right now I'm using 3GB DDR3 RAM (Corsair Dominator TR3X3G1600C8D). I'm planning to upgrade my memory. But I'm confused which memory that I should buy, because I'm afraid that my new memory is not compatible with my motherboard. please help me.

I wonder, if I buy a 8GB RAM (2 x 4GB), will it gonna work? Or I must buy a Triple-Channel Memory? I would love to have 8GB RAM instead of 6GB.. I can't afford the 12GB RAM.
a b } Memory
a b V Motherboard
December 22, 2012 10:25:56 AM

Do you really need the 8gB ram if yes then go for it if no 6gB will be faster than 8gB.
I would reccomend you to save money for the 12gB kit and buy it. Don't think that you will buy 8gB now and 4gB later that wont work. All ram cards should be bought together.
m
l
December 22, 2012 1:06:20 PM

Xttony said:
Do you really need the 8gB ram if yes then go for it if no 6gB will be faster than 8gB.
I would reccomend you to save money for the 12gB kit and buy it. Don't think that you will buy 8gB now and 4gB later that wont work. All ram cards should be bought together.

Hi Xttony, thanks a lof for your answer :) 
may I ask something, I wonder why would the 6GB will be faster than 8GB?
Does this P6T Deluxe compatible with two-channel RAM?

I'm currently have interest in KINGSTON Memory PC 3 x 2GB DDR3 PC-12800 [HyperX KHX1600C9D3K3/6GX].
IF I buy this module, and few months later I buy another set just like those, and install them all together (6 x 2GB), will it work? I've been looking at Asus P6T Deluxe V2 RAM QVL, but i can't find the answer..

thanks a lot again for your reply :) 
m
l
a b } Memory
a b V Motherboard
December 22, 2012 1:18:22 PM

When you have 6 gab (3x2gB) then you would be using triple channel (if you put them in right slots) this means that all 3 cards are contributing.
Your board supports dual/triple channel memory.
Chances are that they won't but you may get lucky and one set from the same lot. Ram cards with same frequency, latency, voltages can also cause problems so don't risk it.
m
l
!