Motherboard Standofs need urgent help!

Ed Hunter

Honorable
Sep 1, 2012
I have just purchased a phantom 410 for my new pc build but only 6 of the 9 motherboard standofs work. I tried that bad screws in every screwpoint but they only seem to go in half way before getting stuck. Will I be fine with only 6 standoffs on my atx z77 D3h gigabyte board? I was thinking having the screws arranged like this i it okay?

X 0X
0 XX
X 0X

Where X is a standof and 0 is no standof and thr top left X is the top of the case next to the I/O shield. Also if this helps I will have a hyper 212, 2 sticks of lp corsair ram and an msi 7850 (metal cooler). Any ways of making screws screw and do they need to be screwed in all the way because they are secure when at half-> 3/4 of the way down thx! Also I wont have time to get new standofs before I must build :)

G

contact nzxt, they should send you new standoffs for free if yours were defective. thatll work for now, just dont put to much pressure on your motherboard. you can also try to wrench them down with a socket wrench

Ed Hunter

Honorable
Sep 1, 2012

Thanks but I wont have time to order the screws, are motherboard standofs universal? Because I will just go down to maplins and buy the screws do they have a specific name?

G

you might be able to, take one of your standoffs with you and make sure you get the exact same length so you dont warp your motherboard when you put the screws on

G

he should able to get them in with a socket wrench even if they are stripped

zdbc13

Distinguished
True but a tap does a better job of cleaning the threads and will make it easier to remove and replace the standoffs later if he changes motherboards. I've had standoffs cause trouble after "forcing".

G

they shouldnt even need forcing, it might be powder coating build up