despite removing bt*.inf files, cannot get bt working w/xp..

Last response: in Technologies
March 1, 2005 7:21:45 PM

Ok, I got my zub6110 usb dongle working on one machine by following
the instructions here http://www.zonetusa.com/faq1.asp?CID=29.

At the point where it asks you to put the bluetooth adapter in,
I did, and it, CORRECTLY, found a CRS bluetooth device, but asked
for driver location.

I accidentally told it to look in the folder where the bluetooth
..inf files had been moved to, and it reinstalled the generic radio
and ms bluetooth enumerator.

now, no matter how many times I uninstall/reinstall, and follow this
process, even to the point of deleting every bth* file on disk,
at the point in installation where it asks you to plug bluetooth
device in, it finds generic bluetooth radio and ms bluetooth
enumerator, and starts MS bluetooth program on the taskbar.

I have done everything I can find to do, including what MS said,
removing the bluetooth radio devices and, since bth*.inf no
longer exists in c:\windows\inf, this should have disabled MS
bluetooth stack, according to one of their support pages.

It did not. Still, no matter what I do, I can only get generic
bluetooth radio and ms bluetooth enumerator to show up, despite
getting everything working fine on the first computer. I think
me choosing the dir where the inf files were is what screwed it up,
but what to do now?
March 2, 2005 4:49:23 AM

"John H." <mistamaila@nospam.yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:p an.2005.03.01.22.21.40.55230@nospam.yahoo.com...
> Ok, I got my zub6110 usb dongle working on one machine by following
> the instructions here http://www.zonetusa.com/faq1.asp?CID=29.
>
> At the point where it asks you to put the bluetooth adapter in,
> I did, and it, CORRECTLY, found a CRS bluetooth device, but asked
> for driver location.
>
> I accidentally told it to look in the folder where the bluetooth
> .inf files had been moved to, and it reinstalled the generic radio
> and ms bluetooth enumerator.
>
> now, no matter how many times I uninstall/reinstall, and follow this
> process, even to the point of deleting every bth* file on disk,
> at the point in installation where it asks you to plug bluetooth
> device in, it finds generic bluetooth radio and ms bluetooth
> enumerator, and starts MS bluetooth program on the taskbar.
>
> I have done everything I can find to do, including what MS said,
> removing the bluetooth radio devices and, since bth*.inf no
> longer exists in c:\windows\inf, this should have disabled MS
> bluetooth stack, according to one of their support pages.
>
> It did not. Still, no matter what I do, I can only get generic
> bluetooth radio and ms bluetooth enumerator to show up, despite
> getting everything working fine on the first computer. I think
> me choosing the dir where the inf files were is what screwed it up,
> but what to do now?

Maybe try this.
Go to device manager and uninstall the MS blutetooth radio drivers.
Fing the .inf file for the correct drivers and right click -> install.
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 5:40:45 AM

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 01:49:23 +0000, Lobster wrote:

> "John H." <mistamaila@nospam.yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:p an.2005.03.01.22.21.40.55230@nospam.yahoo.com...
>> Ok, I got my zub6110 usb dongle working on one machine by following
>> the instructions here http://www.zonetusa.com/faq1.asp?CID=29.
>>
>> At the point where it asks you to put the bluetooth adapter in,
>> I did, and it, CORRECTLY, found a CRS bluetooth device, but asked
>> for driver location.
>>
>> I accidentally told it to look in the folder where the bluetooth
>> .inf files had been moved to, and it reinstalled the generic radio
>> and ms bluetooth enumerator.
>>
>> now, no matter how many times I uninstall/reinstall, and follow this
>> process, even to the point of deleting every bth* file on disk,
>> at the point in installation where it asks you to plug bluetooth
>> device in, it finds generic bluetooth radio and ms bluetooth
>> enumerator, and starts MS bluetooth program on the taskbar.
>>
>> I have done everything I can find to do, including what MS said,
>> removing the bluetooth radio devices and, since bth*.inf no
>> longer exists in c:\windows\inf, this should have disabled MS
>> bluetooth stack, according to one of their support pages.
>>
>> It did not. Still, no matter what I do, I can only get generic
>> bluetooth radio and ms bluetooth enumerator to show up, despite
>> getting everything working fine on the first computer. I think
>> me choosing the dir where the inf files were is what screwed it up,
>> but what to do now?
>
> Maybe try this.
> Go to device manager and uninstall the MS blutetooth radio drivers.
> Fing the .inf file for the correct drivers and right click -> install.

Didn't try that, but what finally got it working was right
clicking generic bluetooth radio, update driver, advanced, choose
driver from specific location, allow me to choose, and choosing
CRS bluetooth device.

Now it works fine. thanks!
!