Common dialog "Look In" drop box only contains Desktop and..

Hello people,

Using XP 2002 SP 1.
The subject says it all, really. If I open the drop box, it shows the
last known location, but I can't navigate to any drive or, say, `My
Computer' (the last location instantaneously vanishes).
I know I did too much tweaking, and one of those registry entries (?)
did the `trick'. I used `Hide System Desktop Icons' from
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm, but I'm not sure whether
this is the actual cause.
Also, when I open the Explorer, `My Documents' and the Recycle Bin
don't show up. I admit having been nasty to do too much customization,
but has anyone ever experienced something like this?

Thanks for your consideration,

Christian

Hello all,

Problem solved. I found a reasonable Recovery point to handle this one.
Still, it would be interesting to know what had caused the problem.
Anyway.

Cheers,

Christian