Do I need better gpu cooling?

Solution

Depends on your case/motherboard layout. Some case/motherboard combos make the 2nd graphics card butt up against a wall inside the case. Or sometimes there is inadequate space in between the cards for good airflow. Check out your own setup and make sure there is plenty of airspace between and around the cards. If there isn't they will be hot and loud. You may consider getting a water cooling setup if you want to maximize your overclocks and especially if you have inadequate airflow around the cards. Then again I'm sure many would say it isn't worth it. The card makers usually have super-cool versions of their cards with upgraded air...

larkspur

Distinguished

Depends on your case/motherboard layout. Some case/motherboard combos make the 2nd graphics card butt up against a wall inside the case. Or sometimes there is inadequate space in between the cards for good airflow. Check out your own setup and make sure there is plenty of airspace between and around the cards. If there isn't they will be hot and loud. You may consider getting a water cooling setup if you want to maximize your overclocks and especially if you have inadequate airflow around the cards. Then again I'm sure many would say it isn't worth it. The card makers usually have super-cool versions of their cards with upgraded air cooling. If you want to overclock effectively you should at least consider those and if you choose air, most importantly make sure your cards can breathe.

Solution