Easy question (hopefully)...

Is there a key combination to get to the PS2 system menu from within a
game without having to eject the disc? I thought I saw that in the
instructions, but I can't find them now, nor could I find the
instructions on the internet. TIA

Paul Dormer <medi@aclara.not> wrote:
> Is there a key combination to get to the PS2 system menu from within a
> game without having to eject the disc? I thought I saw that in the
> instructions, but I can't find them now, nor could I find the
> instructions on the internet. TIA

As far as I know, the only way to get to the system menus is to boot up
the PS2 without a disc in the tray (or just hit the eject button when you
go to power on the system - it'll open the drive and take you to the
menus.)

Press the home button on the bottom right. However you WILL exit the
game.

The good side is that when listening to music, the music doesnt stop.
On the other hand while watching a movie.. its like a dvd player, it
holds your place so that when you go back into the movie, its still
where you left off.

I love PSP!

--Brenden

"Brenden D. Chase" <brenden.chase@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Press the home button on the bottom right. However you WILL exit the
> game.
>
> The good side is that when listening to music, the music doesnt stop.
> On the other hand while watching a movie.. its like a dvd player, it
> holds your place so that when you go back into the movie, its still
> where you left off.
>
> I love PSP!
>
> --Brenden

He was asking about the PS2. You remember the PS2 right? The big black box
that lets you play games on your TV? :)

Paul Dormer wrote:
> Is there a key combination to get to the PS2 system menu from within
> game without having to eject the disc? I thought I saw that in the
> instructions, but I can't find them now, nor could I find the
> instructions on the internet. TIA

ASAIK, there isn't, but I have found that most of the time, the menu
appears, albeit briefly, before the system recognizes a game disk.
Thus, if you hit the reset button, and press the x button on the
controller when the menu appears, you will go into the browser. You can
then exit back to the main menu and choose system options- it won't
boot the game until you reset again, or select the disc from the
browser screen.