dialing rules etc

has anyone succeeded in setting up dialing rules for the UK to dial a 9 and
get an outside line via a pbx. I have put the 9 in the right box but it does
not seem to work

Hi,

Directly from Windows XP help and support center:

To specify numbers to dial an outside line:

1) Open Phone and Modem Options in Control Panel.
2) On the Dialing Rules tab, click the location to modify, and then click
Edit. To create a new location, click New.
3) On the General tab, in Dialing rules, enter the numbers required to reach
an outside line for local and long-distance calls.

Notes:

To open a Control Panel item, click Start, click Control Panel, and then
click the appropriate icon.

Do not use this procedure to specify the numbers required before dialing to
a different city, area, or country/region, such as 1, 0, 00, or 011. The
numbers specified here are to dial local or long distance calls from within
a private branch exchange (PBX), such as used by a company or other
organization. The dialing rules for a location automatically insert the
number required to call a number with a different city, area, or
country/region code.

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User