Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Using the ASRock 970 Extreme3 and I have a driver question.

Last response: in Motherboards
December 20, 2012 8:55:34 PM

After I build my full computer with this motherboard and im installing the latest driver, if I use the all in one driver package will that contain all of the drivers for the audio, LAN, chipset, and USB or will I still need to install something separately.

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
December 20, 2012 9:09:17 PM

It's probably just me but I usually install the network driver and then download the drivers from the manufacturer's website. Usually they have the most updated drivers plus I get less hiccups if the computer needs to restart after certain driver installations. When it asks to reboot, I just reboot and continue installing the drivers. Make sure that you install the chipset drivers first. I usually shoot for audio drivers next on down to USB 3.0 drivers (if necessary). But, that's just how I do it. Not saying that the all-in-one is bad or wrong.
December 20, 2012 9:12:18 PM

cball1311 said:
It's probably just me but I usually install the network driver and then download the drivers from the manufacturer's website. Usually they have the most updated drivers plus I get less hiccups if the computer needs to restart after certain driver installations. When it asks to reboot, I just reboot and continue installing the drivers. Make sure that you install the chipset drivers first. I usually shoot for audio drivers next on down to USB 3.0 drivers (if necessary). But, that's just how I do it. Not saying that the all-in-one is bad or wrong.

Doesn't the all in one have the latest drivers just in one simple package?
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
December 20, 2012 9:58:26 PM

It should if your downloading it from the manufacturer's web site and not using the disc supplied with the motherboard unless the motherboard just hit the market.
December 20, 2012 10:19:24 PM

cball1311 said:
It should if your downloading it from the manufacturer's web site and not using the disc supplied with the motherboard unless the motherboard just hit the market.

The latest drivers were released a year ago and the newest all in one was released about 6 months ago, so it is the most recent drivers. I went ahead and downloaded the all in one and its great so far, thanks for the suggestion and help.
a b V Motherboard
December 20, 2012 10:20:19 PM

No problem. Like I said, it's just me :D 
December 20, 2012 10:30:00 PM

Best answer selected by richman16.
!