PSP Memory Stick PRO Duo Warning

Last response: in Video Games
a b } Memory
March 24, 2005 4:10:18 PM

Bought a 256MB SanDisk Memory Stick Pro Duo at Circuit City for a mere $39
(about $5 less than the price of a Sony-brand 128 Memory Stuck Duo).

Since I have a Sony VAIO computer, I thought it would be a simple matter to
drop in a CD, convert it to the ATRAC3Plus format, transfer it to the stick,
and plop it in the PSP. No such luck. As I read the PSP manual, I see the
small print: "ATRAC3Plus data cannot be played or recorded using a Memory
Stick PRO." I either have to use the regular Memory Stick Duo, or convert
music files to MP3 format...which is probably what I should have done in the
first place.

Just wanted to give a heads-up in case there are Sony PC owners out there
who get frustrated trying to figure out why their music files aren't
recognized by the PSP using a Memory Stick PRO Duo.
March 25, 2005 12:33:43 AM

"Android" <androvich@NOcomcastSPAM.net> wrote in message
> Bought a 256MB SanDisk Memory Stick Pro Duo at Circuit City for a mere $39
> (about $5 less than the price of a Sony-brand 128 Memory Stuck Duo).
>
> Since I have a Sony VAIO computer, I thought it would be a simple matter
> drop in a CD, convert it to the ATRAC3Plus format, transfer it to the
> stick,
> and plop it in the PSP. No such luck. As I read the PSP manual, I see
> the
> small print: "ATRAC3Plus data cannot be played or recorded using a Memory
> Stick PRO." I either have to use the regular Memory Stick Duo, or convert
> music files to MP3 format...which is probably what I should have done in
> the
> first place.
>
> Just wanted to give a heads-up in case there are Sony PC owners out there
> who get frustrated trying to figure out why their music files aren't
> recognized by the PSP using a Memory Stick PRO Duo.

I hate to state the obvious, but isn't it normal to read the manual first?
:-)
Anonymous
a b } Memory
March 25, 2005 12:33:44 AM

"Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

> "Android" <androvich@NOcomcastSPAM.net> wrote in message
> > Bought a 256MB SanDisk Memory Stick Pro Duo at Circuit City for a mere
$39
> > (about $5 less than the price of a Sony-brand 128 Memory Stuck Duo).
> >
> > Since I have a Sony VAIO computer, I thought it would be a simple matter
> > drop in a CD, convert it to the ATRAC3Plus format, transfer it to the
> > stick,
> > and plop it in the PSP. No such luck. As I read the PSP manual, I see
> > the
> > small print: "ATRAC3Plus data cannot be played or recorded using a
Memory
> > Stick PRO." I either have to use the regular Memory Stick Duo, or
convert
> > music files to MP3 format...which is probably what I should have done in
> > the
> > first place.
> >
> > Just wanted to give a heads-up in case there are Sony PC owners out
there
> > who get frustrated trying to figure out why their music files aren't
> > recognized by the PSP using a Memory Stick PRO Duo.
>
> I hate to state the obvious, but isn't it normal to read the manual first?
> :-)

Manual? We don't need no stinkin' manual!

Believe it or not, I did read through the manual first...but the part about
the PRO Duo not working with those music files was one small line in a 388
page manual, so I overlooked it. Granted, each language only takes up ~126
pages, but that's a lot of reading when you are finally holding the PSP in
your hot little hands... :)
a b } Memory
March 25, 2005 1:55:07 PM

"Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

> I hate to state the obvious, but isn't it normal to read the manual first?
> :-)

He's a democrat.
March 25, 2005 2:05:22 PM

> Manual? We don't need no stinkin' manual!
>
> Believe it or not, I did read through the manual first...but the part
> about
> the PRO Duo not working with those music files was one small line in a 388
> page manual, so I overlooked it. Granted, each language only takes up
> ~126
> pages, but that's a lot of reading when you are finally holding the PSP in
> your hot little hands... :)

Thats fair enough you are forgiven :-)
Actually manuals are really rubbish unless you have a real problem. The best
way is to dig in and find things out for yourself.
Anonymous
a b } Memory
March 25, 2005 10:15:52 PM

> I hate to state the obvious, but isn't it normal to read the manual first?
> :-)

If you buy something for $250 it should work so easy to use that there is no
need for a manual :-).

Michel
Anonymous
a b } Memory
March 28, 2005 4:21:21 PM

MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:
> In article <424441f8$0$3216$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
> fredliken@toocool4school.com says...
> >
> >"Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> >
> >> I hate to state the obvious, but isn't it normal to read the
manual first?
> >> :-)
> >
> >He's a democrat.
> >

> Yeah democrats don't need to read the manual because they are smart
enough to
> operate things without one.

Coming from you, that has to be the most ironic post I've read in years.
Anonymous
a b } Memory
March 28, 2005 11:17:16 PM

In article <424441f8$0$3216$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
fredliken@toocool4school.com says...

>"Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>
>> I hate to state the obvious, but isn't it normal to read the manual first?
>> :-)
>
>He's a democrat.

Yeah democrats don't need to read the manual because they are smart enough to
operate things without one.
Anonymous
a b } Memory
March 29, 2005 3:00:56 AM

In article <1112041281.765626.32510@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
holleyrp@delanet.com says...

>MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:
>> In article <424441f8$0$3216$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
>> fredliken@toocool4school.com says...
>> >
>> >"Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

>manual first?
>> >
>> >He's a democrat.
>> >

>> Yeah democrats don't need to read the manual because they are smart
>enough to
>> operate things without one.
>
>Coming from you, that has to be the most ironic post I've read in years.

Says something when a person of my smarts can operate things without a manuals
help and you supposed smart conservatives can't handle operating a can opener
without a tech manual. Nothing ironic about it.
Anonymous
a b } Memory
March 29, 2005 10:42:03 PM

"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
> In article <424441f8$0$3216$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
> fredliken@toocool4school.com says...
>>
>>"Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>>
>>> I hate to state the obvious, but isn't it normal to read the manual
>>> first?
>>> :-)
>>
>>He's a democrat.
>>

> Yeah democrats don't need to read the manual because they are smart enough
> operate things without one.

Classic. Democrats think they are so smart, yet don't get it right.
Anonymous
a b } Memory
March 30, 2005 12:57:35 AM

MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:
> In article <4249f57f$1$3272$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
> fredliken@toocool4school.com says...
> >
> >"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
> >> In article <424441f8$0$3216$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
> >> fredliken@toocool4school.com says...

> >> Yeah democrats don't need to read the manual because they are
smart enough
> >> operate things without one.
> >
> >Classic. Democrats think they are so smart, yet don't get it right.

> Don't hate the player Freddy hate the game. I always get it right.

Except for that 401k goof.
Anonymous
a b } Memory
March 30, 2005 6:15:53 AM

In article <4249f57f$1$3272$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
fredliken@toocool4school.com says...

>"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
>> In article <424441f8$0$3216$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
>> fredliken@toocool4school.com says...
>>>
>>>"Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

>>>He's a democrat.
>>>

>> Yeah democrats don't need to read the manual because they are smart enough
>> operate things without one.
>
>Classic. Democrats think they are so smart, yet don't get it right.

Don't hate the player Freddy hate the game. I always get it right.
Anonymous
a b } Memory
March 30, 2005 11:59:23 AM

MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:
> In article <1112041281.765626.32510@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
> holleyrp@delanet.com says...
>
> Says something when a person of my smarts can operate things without
a manuals
> help and you supposed smart conservatives can't handle operating a
can opener
> without a tech manual. Nothing ironic about it.

Maybe by reading the manual you can learn things that would have
NEVER occured to you otherwise. So you're not really getting all you
can out of a lot of your stuff unless you RTFM.
Anonymous
a b } Memory
March 30, 2005 9:26:21 PM

In article <1112198363.919928.194770@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
control_z@hotmail.com says...

>MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:
>> In article <1112041281.765626.32510@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
>> holleyrp@delanet.com says...
>>
>> Says something when a person of my smarts can operate things without
>a manuals
>> help and you supposed smart conservatives can't handle operating a
>can opener
>> without a tech manual. Nothing ironic about it.
>>

> Maybe by reading the manual you can learn things that would have
>NEVER occured to you otherwise. So you're not really getting all you
>can out of a lot of your stuff unless you RTFM.

I'm just screwing with these guys. I always read the manuals front to back.
!