Sign in with
Your question

ASUS XONAR DX not all my speakers are getting sound

Last response: in Components
February 15, 2012 7:31:36 PM

Just got ASUS XONAR DX, had little issue installing it. But I cant get my games to go to surround sound.
My Setup is this:
Win7 Pc to home theater using S/PDIF

Movies are running fine.
Some games like BF3 are using all my speakers, others like Witcher 2 and Saints Row the third, Shogun 2 are stereo or stereo+sub woofer.
I fallowed the steps on ASUS's site to set up the sound card and am running newest driver as well.
So what am I doing wrong, and how can I fix it.
Thanks

EDIT:**Seems any games played from origin use all speakers, any game played from Steam are stereo or stereo+sub woofer**
February 16, 2012 1:29:25 AM

ironarrow said:
Just got ASUS XONAR DX, had little issue installing it. But I cant get my games to go to surround sound.
My Setup is this:
Win7 Pc to home theater using S/PDIF

Movies are running fine.
Some games like BF3 are using all my speakers, others like Witcher 2 and Saints Row the third, Shogun 2 are stereo or stereo+sub woofer.
I fallowed the steps on ASUS's site to set up the sound card and am running newest driver as well.
So what am I doing wrong, and how can I fix it.
Thanks

EDIT:**Seems any games played from origin use all speakers, any game played from Steam are stereo or stereo+sub woofer**

Ignore
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
February 16, 2012 11:05:16 AM

Quote:
S/PDIF

SPDIF is incapable of carrying uncompressed 5.1 audio. The only multichannel audio formats that can be carried over SPDIF is Dolby/DTS.

Your DX supports Dolby Digital Live, which converts a uncompressed 5.1 audio stream to Dolby format, so you can enable this to gain 5.1 at the loss of audio quality.
m
l
!