ASUS XONAR DX not all my speakers are getting sound

Just got ASUS XONAR DX, had little issue installing it. But I cant get my games to go to surround sound.
My Setup is this:
Win7 Pc to home theater using S/PDIF

Movies are running fine.
Some games like BF3 are using all my speakers, others like Witcher 2 and Saints Row the third, Shogun 2 are stereo or stereo+sub woofer.
I fallowed the steps on ASUS's site to set up the sound card and am running newest driver as well.
So what am I doing wrong, and how can I fix it.
Thanks

EDIT:**Seems any games played from origin use all speakers, any game played from Steam are stereo or stereo+sub woofer**
2 answers Last reply
More about asus xonar speakers sound
  1. ironarrow said:
    Just got ASUS XONAR DX, had little issue installing it. But I cant get my games to go to surround sound.
    My Setup is this:
    Win7 Pc to home theater using S/PDIF

Movies are running fine.
    Some games like BF3 are using all my speakers, others like Witcher 2 and Saints Row the third, Shogun 2 are stereo or stereo+sub woofer.
    I fallowed the steps on ASUS's site to set up the sound card and am running newest driver as well.
    So what am I doing wrong, and how can I fix it.
    Thanks

EDIT:**Seems any games played from origin use all speakers, any game played from Steam are stereo or stereo+sub woofer**

Ignore
  2. Quote:
    S/PDIF

SPDIF is incapable of carrying uncompressed 5.1 audio. The only multichannel audio formats that can be carried over SPDIF is Dolby/DTS.

Your DX supports Dolby Digital Live, which converts a uncompressed 5.1 audio stream to Dolby format, so you can enable this to gain 5.1 at the loss of audio quality.
Ask a new question

Read More

Sound Cards Asus Speakers Games Components