Monitor is not showing any thing on start up

BMCheeseburgers

Honorable
Dec 20, 2012
I have been building my pc and when i start up my computer i get nothing on my monitor. I have made sure every thing is in place, moved the memory, cleared the RTC ram, and made checked the DVI and VGA cables. I have a Asus p8h61m-le motherboard, intel core i5-3450 1155 processor, and a G.skill DDR3 1333 memory.if it helps any the speaker is beeping 4 short times. It seems like a motherboard issue. Any info will help.

Hazle

Distinguished
unless that motherboard is the latest revision with a nearly up to date BIOS, your motherboard is incompatible with that i5 sans BIOS update. you'll be needing a Sandy Bridge CPU that's compatible with the board out of the box to do so. also, consider looking for a shop that can update the BIOS for you.

the mb wont post with that cpu unless it has bios 3605. look at the mb ser# on the end of it should be the bios rev of the mb.
if it bios 12xx or older. you need a sb cpu to boot and flash the mb or send the mb to asus and have them flash it. if it at 36xx check that the 4/8 pin power connector plugged in. try booting without a gpu in..try just using the onboard gpu and one ram dimm. also check that the mb not shorting out to the case. that all the standoffs were used.