System Keeps turing off at random. No Blue Screen.

rennoc1991

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011
Hello,
My computer keeps turning of on its own and it's not the power supply because I already put a new one in to try. It's a water cooled PC and there is almost no dust inside of my machine or in the fans. Can someone please help me out?

BTW it does not blue screen. Just shuts off. No warning. Do we think it's the motherboard? or the water cooling isn't working and it's overheating the processor. i'm just at a loss since it wasn't the powersupply. I forgot to mention in the first post that this started happening directly after the wind knocked out my power.
Thanks

Conner

AreusAstarte

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2011
Open the Event Manager (search of Event Manager or Event Viewer or Evnvwr (or something like that)) and see what went wrong. Even if there is no blue screen the crash will most likely be documented there. It's not a very detailed view of what went wrong but it'll give you a broad idea. Post any findings here.
But from the sound of it your Power Supply might have been hit...happened to me once, replaced the AC and everything went back to normal.
But until you find a proper log of what might have gone wrong there is really no way to be sure.
hope that helps

allenjcooper

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012

What is LC? And I cant seem to find the event viewer on my win7. Same problem... but suspect either network card because I keep getting a page fault in non paged area blue screen, but lately it has just been shutting off, not shutting down... OFF for no apparent reason. Any further help would be appreciated.