[EVGA] New build failing POST (Debug code "c")

Gatortribe

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2012
This is my first build, finally went through with it. Only to not boot. I was just doing an out of case test, so all I connected was the CPU (Intel Core i5-3450), CPU cooler, PSU, and the GPU (which I removed to see if that was the problem).

On EVGA's forums, someone said "C" means CPU failed to initialize, reseat the CPU. I did that, numerous times. Nada. When I close the CPU latch (whatever the door thing is called) I hear the pins scraping against the bottom of the CPU, and I fret something was broken. I took pictures of the pins on the mobo, and will upload an Imgur album shortly.

EDIT: Pictures http://imgur.com/a/yedbX

Parts:
EVGA P67 SLI (130-SB-E675)
Intel Core i5-3450
G.SKILL 8GB 1600
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670
LOGISYS Computer PS480D2 480W ATX12V

G

i highly doubt its the socket, try removing one of your ram sticks try to boot then turn it back off and take out the other ram stick and put the other back it

Gatortribe

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2012

No success. Also, when I push the RAM into the socket, are the locks supposed to click? Or do I have to lock it myself? Because it doesn't do it automatically, and some of the gold from the pins still shows (wont go in any farther)

Gatortribe

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2012

I got the RAM in so thats good. But I called EVGA and apparently my 3450 is not compatible (nor is my other builds 2310), so they are sending me an updated BIOS chip. Thanks for trying to help though, much appreciated.