PSP Question: How's the d-pad?

I'm loathe to buy a PSP because of the d-pad. How is it?
7 answers Last reply
More about question

    "Chareth Cutestory" <bjd@com.net.org> wrote in message
    > I'm loathe to buy a PSP because of the d-pad. How is it?

    Got mine a few hours ago and played wipeout with the dpad and stick.
    Both are good imo. I use the stick. But my sister who tried it preferred the
    dpad. Btw, its awesome!

    lonesw0rdsman wrote:

    >> I'm loathe to buy a PSP because of the d-pad. How is it?

    > Got mine a few hours ago and played wipeout with the
    > dpad and stick.

    Stick? What stick? Does Sony include an accessory that fits over the
    d-pad, something that resembles the analog trigger thumb pad?

    --
    A dope trailer is no place for a kitty!

    > lonesw0rdsman wrote:
    >
    >>> I'm loathe to buy a PSP because of the d-pad. How is it?
    >
    >> Got mine a few hours ago and played wipeout with the
    >> dpad and stick.
    >
    > Stick? What stick? Does Sony include an accessory that fits over the
    > d-pad, something that resembles the analog trigger thumb pad?
    >
    > --
    > A dope trailer is no place for a kitty!

    It has a little analog stick on the lower left side. Its like a nub.

    "lonesw0rdsman" <ga@lone.com> wrote in message

    > "Chareth Cutestory" <bjd@com.net.org> wrote in message

    >>> Got mine a few hours ago and played wipeout with the
    >>> dpad and stick.
    >>
    >> Stick? What stick? Does Sony include an accessory that fits over the
    >> d-pad, something that resembles the analog trigger thumb pad?
    >>
    >> --
    >> A dope trailer is no place for a kitty!
    >
    > It has a little analog stick on the lower left side. Its like a nub.

    It looks like a freakin microphone.

    maybe a top down perspective of a micro phone.. but no holes... its
    solid.. just ridged for better grip...

    The dpad on the PSP feels just like the Dpad on the dualshocks... as
    for the analog stick..err.. surface mounted nub/my new favorite control
    device... i'd say it rocks. It makes playing Ridge Racer a breeze.
    However i think i would have loved it even more if it were a bit
    higher... maybe up above the dpad instead of below it.

    --Brenden
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Ah, the nub!

    It's funny...a couple hours after I posted my message about "the stick"
    lonesw0rdsman mentioned, I saw footage of the PSP launch party that
    occurred at the Sony store here in NYC. There was a close up of <swoon>
    Carson Daly playing with one, and he was finagling the nub. It's no
    wonder I hadn't ever noticed it before -- looking at the PSP from the
    top down it's almost invisible.

    Okay, cool...there's a nub. Now, if I can just come to grips with the
    ludicrous MSRP, I'll buy one as Lumines and Wipeout Pure are too
    delicious to not get to play.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > Ah, the nub!
    >
    > It's funny...a couple hours after I posted my message about "the stick"
    > lonesw0rdsman mentioned, I saw footage of the PSP launch party that
    > occurred at the Sony store here in NYC. There was a close up of <swoon>
    > Carson Daly playing with one, and he was finagling the nub. It's no
    > wonder I hadn't ever noticed it before -- looking at the PSP from the
    > top down it's almost invisible.
    >
    > Okay, cool...there's a nub. Now, if I can just come to grips with the
    > ludicrous MSRP, I'll buy one as Lumines and Wipeout Pure are too
    > delicious to not get to play.

    Hehe, yeah. forgot that its called an analog stick for the ps2. I just
    remembered the stick part. But I guess nub is a good term to use also.
    If you can get it, get it. I dont think you'll be dissappointed at all.

Console Gaming PlayStation Games Video Sony Video Games