Can't print documents in Word pad

sandee_11

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
Hello,

I have a ASUS EeePC netbook (windows 7) and I cannot print my documents in wordpad. The printer goes through the motions of printing but the paper comes out blank. The printer and cartridges are brand new and it will print emails and anything off the internet okay, but not wordpad docs. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Have you tried Print from the file menu, as well as the printer ICON ?

sandee_11

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011

After further efforts to try and print documents from wordpad, I discovered that it will print in blue ink, but not black. Maybe this will be a clue to someone, I hope. This is such a mystery, but seems like such a simple solution. And, yes, I did take off the plastic covers on the cartridges before inserting them. Thanks

Remove the cartridge and flush the nozzle. Ink is not getting thru.
Might as well do them all !

sandee_11

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
As I stated earlier in my first posting, the black ink works fine when printing emails or anything off the web, just won't work in wordpad docs and cartridges are brand new, so flushing the cartridge shouldn't be the problem. Thanks

There might be a messed up setting in wordpad, you can investigate
by going to

File, page setup, printer, properties settings etc.

Only other cause would be a printer driver problem, but that would affect all printing. Try printing a document in Note Pad and see what happens.

sandee_11

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
Won't print NOTE PAD document either. Just like word pad, it goes through all the printing motions but the page comes out blank. It will print everything else. I can print a word pad doc. if I change the text color to blue. Crazy!!!!! Thanks

Then somewhere in the bowels of the printer software / drivers, something is selecting the wrong cartridge, under unknown circumstances. I know that is not much help ! - Sometimes Windows update, being the all knowing and all mighty, will install drivers over 3rd party drivers.

I would search for the printer's forums for similar problem & you might get lucky with a solution. Another thing you might try, is in device manager for the printer (Properties) Roll Back the driver (rolls back to previous driver version)

Aside from that, Delete the printer and reinstall from MFG CD.

sandee_11

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
Finally found the problem with 'can't print with black ink'. As it turns out, my printer & cartridges were brand new in box, but the person who gave it to me had it stored away for quite a while. Thinking that possibly the black in cartridge was dried up, I bought a new one and it worked!!! Thanks to all who gave suggestions.

Well, we try to help, but cannot account for dried up ink cartridge.