Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Can't print documents in Word pad

Last response: in Windows 7
Share
December 27, 2011 12:23:54 PM

Hello,

I have a ASUS EeePC netbook (windows 7) and I cannot print my documents in wordpad. The printer goes through the motions of printing but the paper comes out blank. The printer and cartridges are brand new and it will print emails and anything off the internet okay, but not wordpad docs. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
December 27, 2011 5:54:25 PM

sandee_11 said:
Hello,

I have a ASUS EeePC netbook (windows 7) and I cannot print my documents in wordpad. The printer goes through the motions of printing but the paper comes out blank. The printer and cartridges are brand new and it will print emails and anything off the internet okay, but not wordpad docs. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Have you tried Print from the file menu, as well as the printer ICON ?
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 27, 2011 7:06:31 PM

Something silly, did you take off the plastic covers on the ink cartridges before you put them into the slots (if it is an ink jet printer)?
m
0
l
Related resources
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
December 28, 2011 8:09:59 AM

ahnilated said:
Something silly, did you take off the plastic covers on the ink cartridges before you put them into the slots (if it is an ink jet printer)?



That does happen, but he can print under certain circumstances.
m
0
l
December 29, 2011 9:30:34 AM

sandee_11 said:
Hello,

I have a ASUS EeePC netbook (windows 7) and I cannot print my documents in wordpad. The printer goes through the motions of printing but the paper comes out blank. The printer and cartridges are brand new and it will print emails and anything off the internet okay, but not wordpad docs. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks


After further efforts to try and print documents from wordpad, I discovered that it will print in blue ink, but not black. Maybe this will be a clue to someone, I hope. This is such a mystery, but seems like such a simple solution. And, yes, I did take off the plastic covers on the cartridges before inserting them. Thanks
m
0
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
December 29, 2011 9:41:43 AM

sandee_11 said:
After further efforts to try and print documents from wordpad, I discovered that it will print in blue ink, but not black. Maybe this will be a clue to someone, I hope. This is such a mystery, but seems like such a simple solution. And, yes, I did take off the plastic covers on the cartridges before inserting them. Thanks



Remove the cartridge and flush the nozzle. Ink is not getting thru.
Might as well do them all !
m
0
l
December 29, 2011 10:57:24 AM

As I stated earlier in my first posting, the black ink works fine when printing emails or anything off the web, just won't work in wordpad docs and cartridges are brand new, so flushing the cartridge shouldn't be the problem. Thanks
m
0
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
December 29, 2011 2:08:10 PM

sandee_11 said:
As I stated earlier in my first posting, the black ink works fine when printing emails or anything off the web, just won't work in wordpad docs and cartridges are brand new, so flushing the cartridge shouldn't be the problem. Thanks


There might be a messed up setting in wordpad, you can investigate
by going to

File, page setup, printer, properties settings etc.

Only other cause would be a printer driver problem, but that would affect all printing. Try printing a document in Note Pad and see what happens.
m
0
l
December 29, 2011 3:17:26 PM

Won't print NOTE PAD document either. Just like word pad, it goes through all the printing motions but the page comes out blank. It will print everything else. I can print a word pad doc. if I change the text color to blue. Crazy!!!!! Thanks
m
0
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
December 29, 2011 3:52:11 PM

sandee_11 said:
Won't print NOTE PAD document either. Just like word pad, it goes through all the printing motions but the page comes out blank. It will print everything else. I can print a word pad doc. if I change the text color to blue. Crazy!!!!! Thanks



Then somewhere in the bowels of the printer software / drivers, something is selecting the wrong cartridge, under unknown circumstances. I know that is not much help ! - Sometimes Windows update, being the all knowing and all mighty, will install drivers over 3rd party drivers.

I would search for the printer's forums for similar problem & you might get lucky with a solution. Another thing you might try, is in device manager for the printer (Properties) Roll Back the driver (rolls back to previous driver version)

Aside from that, Delete the printer and reinstall from MFG CD.
m
0
l
January 9, 2012 3:40:54 PM

Finally found the problem with 'can't print with black ink'. As it turns out, my printer & cartridges were brand new in box, but the person who gave it to me had it stored away for quite a while. Thinking that possibly the black in cartridge was dried up, I bought a new one and it worked!!! Thanks to all who gave suggestions.
m
0
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
January 9, 2012 8:19:12 PM

sandee_11 said:
Finally found the problem with 'can't print with black ink'. As it turns out, my printer & cartridges were brand new in box, but the person who gave it to me had it stored away for quite a while. Thinking that possibly the black in cartridge was dried up, I bought a new one and it worked!!! Thanks to all who gave suggestions.



Well, we try to help, but cannot account for dried up ink cartridge.
m
0
l
!