Sign in with
Your question

Intel DG33FB Mobo, can't get 6 GB of Memory to work

Last response: in Memory
December 21, 2012 5:56:32 AM

Hello,
I have two 2GB modules of Corsair XMS2 DDR 2 rams and two 1GB modules of Corsair XMS2 DDR 2 but i didnt buy them at same time. One of the 2GB module I bought recently before that I have one 2GB module and two 1GB modules. Now the problem is my total memory that I want to install is 6GB but the problem my 3 modules are working fine except one 1GB module. I tried every thing but when i put the last 1GB module system didnt show the display screen. Please someone help me if you have the same issue.
a c 128 } Memory
December 21, 2012 10:26:47 AM

You don't need to use the last 1 gb stick that won't work; mixing ram is hit or miss. The performance difference between 5 and 6 gb is small. Stop handling the ram so much or you find it won't work after awhile. It's easy to damage components. Once you get it running, I would leave it alone.
m
l
December 21, 2012 12:44:00 PM

Listen to the above poster. Mixing RAM is your problem. Keep all sticks the same!
m
l
December 28, 2012 4:53:44 AM

I have one 2 GB module of 1.9 V but according to my mobo's manual it only supports 1.8 V of memory. I was using that module for a long time but alone on a single channel. The 1 GB module that left has 1.8 V and I think that's why the modules not working on a single channel. Is it possible? Any suggestions.......
m
l
!