9 INCH

we could be called the LEGION OF DOOM

or the 4 HORSEMAN

rule the forum with an Iron Grip..until we get banned

shadowed

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2006
http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=37206

I know AMD will be gone in 16 months or so.... but this is a nice influx of cash to stave off the bankruptcy courth a few more months

sort of like what Monarch Computers is doing now to stay afloat.....

i hope the K8L isnt the modern day 3DFX v5-6000 ......

hey...once AMD folds..there is always VIA

maybe Centaur will make a comeback

What exactly are you basing this wildass speculation on ?

Your posts are getting crazier (less sane) by the day......

sailer

Splendid
I know AMD will be gone in 16 months or so.... but this is a nice influx of cash to stave off the bankruptcy courth a few more months

So how do you know that AMD will fold is 16 months or so? They reported bad earnings for one quarter, both do the C2D and the present price war with Intel, but the future has plenty of posibilities for them. The China thing means good sales and a cash inflow. Anything bad there?

If K8L turns out as good as expected, then lots of builders will be buying those cpus, including myself. I know, nothing will really be known about K8L until it comes out, but it could be very good news for AMD. As for the current price war, it will end at some point and that will also help AMD, though I know it will be a pain in the wallet for us consumers.

kamel5547

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006

How many tiems have we heard this... people love to predict that AMD wil go out of business, and yet they never seem to.

Frankly, anyone who thinks this isn't thinking... the CPU operations are sitll (slightly) in the black. Losse sfollowing aquisitions are not too big of a surprise considering the considerable cost....

LordPope

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2006

How many tiems have we heard this... people love to predict that AMD wil go out of business, and yet they never seem to.

Frankly, anyone who thinks this isn't thinking... the CPU operations are sitll (slightly) in the black. Losse sfollowing aquisitions are not too big of a surprise considering the considerable cost....

INTEL is crushing AMD like a lil worm....laying the screws to AMD with no vaseline.... and you think this magical K8L will save them

have u not seen that INTEL has working 45 um penryns NOW...and AMD is barely getting 65 um Brisbanes off the ground...

Dont be such an AMD FAN BOI

Via will take up the lowend space once AMD is gone in late 08

heartview

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
INTEL is crushing AMD like a lil worm....laying the screws to AMD with no vaseline.... and you think this magical K8L will save them

have u not seen that INTEL has working 45 um penryns NOW...and AMD is barely getting 65 um Brisbanes off the ground...

Dont be such an AMD FAN BOI

Via will take up the lowend space once AMD is gone in late 08

Where there is a fan base, there will always be a market. Think Amiga.

sailer

Splendid
Don't be such an AMD fanboi.....

I'll remind myself of that, as I'm currently using my Intel cpu machine while waiting for a new motherboard to arrive for my AMD cpu machine. I also said "If K8L turns out as good as expected", not that it would turn out as good as expected. If it doesn't, then the computer build I plan in June will have an Intel inside, not an AMD.

fredgiblet

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2006
INTEL is crushing AMD like a lil worm....

Odd...I seem to remember hearing that AMD was having trouble...keeping up with demand that is, from what I have heard AMD chips are (for the most part) selling as fast as AMD can supply them. While it seems probable that unless K8L is a magic bullet that AMD will end up confined to the low end again I somewhat doubt that they will be gone by 2008.

SPARTAN-117

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2006

Lock this thread jake.
Lpope;you may see banning in your future,if jake reads this he will be pyssed :evil:
What kind of moronic crap is this?AMD folding?REPORTED :evil:

I second this. Jake please lock this thread.

To lordpope:

What the #$%# do you think you're accomplishing by posting blatantly unwarranted stuff like this? :? I mean come on, everyone has the fanboy gene in them. But some, like you, just have to give fanboys a bad name. Heck, BaronMatrix is better at the fanboy game than you are. I have been a fervent believer in AMD and have consistently recommended AMD over Intel even after the launch of C2D. But when I go posting I make sure my source is solid and credible as well as a good use of IMHO, you however shoot from the hip and make your statements appear as fact even though they aren't. You've managed to make yourself a spectacle on the forum and if you look at how many views your posts have received even in lue of your apparent lack of knowledge, it would become obvious to you that you are the laughing stock of the forum right now. So please do use all a favor and STFU!

jaffa

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2006
Where there is a fan base, there will always be a market. Think Amiga.

Couldn't agree more HeartView. I still have all three of my Amiga's... Appologies, a little off topic there. I am new to the board, but have been reading for over a year now. I have not posted due to the knowledge and experience already on the board and I hope in this instance my comments are valid.

There will be a market for AMD CPU's for some time yet, I built my first AMD system with the original Athlon 1400!! This was when intel really began playing catchup and i was always intel previous.

Now although i know it would not be fair to compare the size of intel to AMD, expecting the dominance that intel now has to be the downfall of AMD is a little short sighted. As has been proven time and time again, technology needs to advance through change. IF AMD or intel stayed top for any great length of time there would be no change, no evolution if you like in processor architechure. If anything this should be looked upon as a positive change, an opportunity for another level of improvement.

Since this thread is more or less just going to be a repeat of many other than have gone before, there's really no need for any further comment. There are a lot of very knowledgeable people on this board, i hope to continue learning.

the_vorlon

Distinguished
May 3, 2006

AMD folding in 16 months is total horsesh*t

They are not likely to fold till about 2012 or so.

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005

You're kidding right? AMD is not going anywhere. They have too much infrastructure. They operated in the red for years while Intel played monopolist a-hole.

Now that they have Dell selling, Google, MS, Blizzard etc buying they will just need to weather 1 bad quarter (and that already past IMHO). I can almost guarantee that MS will move to Barcelona and just the fact that AMD created X64, they will need AMD boxes from Dell for testing. I still think MS is why Dell picked up AMD desktops and mobile.

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006

You're kidding right? AMD is not going anywhere. They have too much infrastructure. They operated in the red for years while Intel played monopolist a-hole.

Now that they have Dell selling, Google, MS, Blizzard etc buying they will just need to weather 1 bad quarter (and that already past IMHO). I can almost guarantee that MS will move to Barcelona and just the fact that AMD created X64, they will need AMD boxes from Dell for testing. I still think MS is why Dell picked up AMD desktops and mobile.

You and I agree. IMO hes just here muckracking.

Lock the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.