Just picked up Tiger Woods for the PSP!

Have yet to try it though. Will post later with impressions. Anybody know of
any reviews out yet?
11 answers Last reply
More about just picked tiger woods

    In article <IEG0e.3979$AN1.3688@fed1read03>, jojo@cox.net says...

    > Have yet to try it though. Will post later with impressions. Anybody know
    of
    >any reviews out yet?

    Just saw one on Gamespot. They gave it a 8.2 I think. Good enough to open the
    shrink wrap now.

    why do you bother posting that you bought it?? Just post after you PLAY the
    damn thing. :)~

    "MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
    > In article <IEG0e.3979$AN1.3688@fed1read03>, jojo@cox.net says...
    >>
    >> Have yet to try it though. Will post later with impressions. Anybody
    >> know
    > of
    >>any reviews out yet?
    >>

    > Just saw one on Gamespot. They gave it a 8.2 I think. Good enough to open
    > the
    > shrink wrap now.

    It's got some really nasty load times, but if you can get past that, it's
    the best handheld golf game ever made. 12 amazingly detailed courses, analog
    swing controls, Game Face, the pro shop and attribute stuff from the console
    versions that make this a quasi-RPG golf game. Great career mode etc etc
    etc. This, Wipeout Pure, and Lumines are all amazing games that I didn't
    think I'd ever see of this quality on a handheld. At least not this soon.
    Makes me want to smack my DS for being so damn useless the past 4 months.

    "massivegrooves" <massivegrooves@massivegrooves.net> wrote in message

    > > Yeah but you never know with a new system release. These companies get
    caught
    > > up in the hoopla about having games available for the release date and
    qaulity
    > > gets kicked to the curb. After playing Tiger I can see that EA got a
    little
    > > caught up because they could/should have made programming adjustments to
    > > shorten the loading times.
    > >

    > If everything else is solid/right about it then I could forgive load
    > times. Well as long as they are not something TRULY ridiculous ;)

    They're quite long load times, but the gameplay is solid. If you love this
    series, this one won't disappoint you. If you own the console version
    already, and don't feel the need to play golf games on the go, I recommend
    passing.

    Skye

    I had read about the load times, but after playing it they really arent that
    bad. The initial load is the longest, but the time between holes really
    isn't all that distracting.

    RnR Lesnar

    "Skye" <carolinaconvicts2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > It's got some really nasty load times, but if you can get past that, it's
    > the best handheld golf game ever made. 12 amazingly detailed courses,
    > analog
    > swing controls, Game Face, the pro shop and attribute stuff from the
    > console
    > versions that make this a quasi-RPG golf game. Great career mode etc etc
    > etc. This, Wipeout Pure, and Lumines are all amazing games that I didn't
    > think I'd ever see of this quality on a handheld. At least not this soon.
    > Makes me want to smack my DS for being so damn useless the past 4 months.
    >

    > "sardu" <robertaccomandonospam@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >> why do you bother posting that you bought it?? Just post after you PLAY
    > the
    >> damn thing. :)~
    >>

    >> "MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
    >> > In article <IEG0e.3979$AN1.3688@fed1read03>, jojo@cox.net says...

    >> > of
    >> >>

    >> > Just saw one on Gamespot. They gave it a 8.2 I think. Good enough to
    > open
    >> > the
    >> > shrink wrap now.

  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
    > In article <IEG0e.3979$AN1.3688@fed1read03>, jojo@cox.net says...
    >>
    >> Have yet to try it though. Will post later with impressions. Anybody
    >> know
    > of
    >>any reviews out yet?
    >>

    > Just saw one on Gamespot. They gave it a 8.2 I think. Good enough to open
    > the
    > shrink wrap now.

    Ha, we were thinking the same thing. I didn't open mine until i saw that
    review Friday afternoon. I'd rate it even higher than 8.2, more like a
    8.8-9.0

    RnR Lesnar
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "RnR Lesnar" <rnrnospamcartman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I had read about the load times, but after playing it they really arent
    >that bad. The initial load is the longest, but the time between holes
    >really isn't all that distracting.

    The first time I was waiting on NFL Street 2 to load on my PSP, I thought it
    had frozen. I wasn't used to 15-20 seconds but now I am used to it.

    > "Skye" <carolinaconvicts2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> It's got some really nasty load times, but if you can get past that, it's
    >> the best handheld golf game ever made. 12 amazingly detailed courses,
    >> analog
    >> swing controls, Game Face, the pro shop and attribute stuff from the
    >> console
    >> versions that make this a quasi-RPG golf game. Great career mode etc etc
    >> etc. This, Wipeout Pure, and Lumines are all amazing games that I didn't
    >> think I'd ever see of this quality on a handheld. At least not this soon.
    >> Makes me want to smack my DS for being so damn useless the past 4 months.
    >>

    >> "sardu" <robertaccomandonospam@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >>> why do you bother posting that you bought it?? Just post after you PLAY
    >> the
    >>> damn thing. :)~
    >>>

    >>> "MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message

    >> open

  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Skye wrote:
    > It's got some really nasty load times, but if you can get past that,
    it's
    > the best handheld golf game ever made. 12 amazingly detailed courses,
    analog
    > swing controls, Game Face, the pro shop and attribute stuff from the
    console
    > versions that make this a quasi-RPG golf game. Great career mode etc
    etc
    > etc. This, Wipeout Pure, and Lumines are all amazing games that I
    didn't
    > think I'd ever see of this quality on a handheld. At least not this
    soon.
    > Makes me want to smack my DS for being so damn useless the past 4
    months.

    That second screen on the DS still seems to me like a solution
    looking for a problem...
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Jerry P. Danzig" <jpdanzig@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

    > and my primary beef is with the initial load time,

    That's what I heard.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > > and my primary beef is with the initial load time,
    >
    > That's what I heard.

    Its true, the ONLY beef I have with it is the loading, and I actually get
    the feeling
    its been rushed to release rather than PSPproblem. Though a little loading
    is common on PSP.
    TW is just too long too often. Other than that it brilliant when u get used
    to the analogue stick.

    ..Jarle
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Jarle Hrafn Grindhaug" <jarle@[nospamingfilter]spiderman.no> wrote in
    message news:426cd3cd$1@news.broadpark.no...

    > > > and my primary beef is with the initial load time,
    > >
    > > That's what I heard.
    >
    > Its true, the ONLY beef I have with it is the loading, and I actually get
    > the feeling
    > its been rushed to release rather than PSPproblem. Though a little loading
    > is common on PSP.
    > TW is just too long too often. Other than that it brilliant when u get
    used
    > to the analogue stick.
    >
    > .Jarle

    The big plus for me to buy it is if it supports infrustruct mode to play
    others on the net?

Console Gaming Tiger PlayStation Video Games