Sign in with
Your question

Budget Motherboard with HDMI

Last response: in Motherboards
Anonymous
December 21, 2012 9:16:34 AM

Hi,

I've been wanting to build a PC (just the PC, no OS, no accessories and peripherals, etc) for around 200$.

The main use for my PC would be to browse the net, basic word processing and some videos here and there.

I need integrated HDMI and would like to run the PC with the Intel Celeron G550. DDR3 is a must.

So my question is:

Can you please suggest a MoBo that costs around 70$ on Newegg, with the my above needs in mind?

Thanks
a c 435 V Motherboard
December 21, 2012 10:11:41 AM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

This board will run your celeron g550, but may require a bios update to run ivy bridge cpus if you upgrade later. It doesn't have too many bios settings (won't overclock the cpu), doesn't have an dvi port (be sure you have a vga cable for your monitor), etc. It's just a basic motherboard that's inexpensive. I got alot of ecs boards when they were free with cpu purchase years ago at frys electronics.
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
December 21, 2012 11:13:23 AM

Are MSI and ECS boards reliable?

I'm asking because the CPU is for India and the electricity fluctuations are quite frequent. So I'm looking for one that's durable for Indian conditions as well.
m
l
a c 435 V Motherboard
December 21, 2012 12:28:22 PM

If you've got power outages to deal with, get a good surge protector. No brand of board is immune from power fluctuations.
m
l
!