Sign in with
Your question

Evga P55 sli not powering up. Help!

Last response: in Motherboards
December 21, 2012 12:36:22 PM

Hello, I've had this board for about a year and a quarter, and I decided to swap it for an intel dx38bt motherboard which had a quad-core extreme porcessor in it. And since it was way more powerful than my dual-core i3 530 processor, I decided to swap. So I did. Then just a few months down the line the quad-core CPU was overheating and I never had any thermal paste. It was averaging around 87 degrees celcius. It was so hot I couldn't play games. So I decided to go back to my p55 sli. Everything wen't well till I decided to power it on. Nothing happened! The lights were on like the flashing 'E,' and the orange and blue light they are on but no fans are spinning or even drives. It was silent. So what do I do?

My specs are:

Motherboard:Evga P55 sli

CPU:Intel core i3 530

Powersupply:Thermaltake Toughpower 700watts

Ram:8GB(2GBx4) DDR3 1600MHz Corsair XMS3

GPU:Evga GTX 560 SE 1GB

HDD: 1.6TB

More about : evga p55 sli powering

a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 435 V Motherboard
December 21, 2012 12:56:37 PM

Breadboard the p55 board on a non conductive surface such as a cardboard box (or breadboard-hence the term). Use just the cpu/heatsink, one stick of ram in the slot closest to the cpu, and video card. You may have to remove the power supply from the case to reach the board. I use a plain flathead screwdriver and touch the case cluster of pins to move it around until it touches the two power switch pins and fires up. All you want to see is a post screen to see if the board is still good; you may have had a short somewhere or the board was touching metal somewhere. If you don't know how to do this, request an rma from evga; just tell them the board won't post. Don't include too many details. Check 3b tech if you want to order another p55 board; they have two MSI P55 boards in stock that might work for you. Good luck.
m
l
December 23, 2012 5:07:47 PM

Thanks, Let me try I'll post back the results as soon as possible.
m
l
!