Solved

ASRock 970 Extreme3 no power

I just got my brand new mobo this Wednesday. Just got to removing the old mobo, and putting this recommended mobo in. I took precautions to make sure I didn't fry the board. Because I don't have an anti-static bracelet, I followed Newegg tips and touched my metal bookshelf to get rid of any unnecessary static electricity if any. I equip the processor to it, fastened it into the chassis, hooked everything up according to the manual, and then, as I go to turn it on, nothing. It won't start at all.
I've got an AMD 6-core processor, Radeon HD 6670 video card, and an Antec 25 650 watt psu (ATX 12V V2.3).
I'd appreciate any help.
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about asrock extreme3 power
  1. Just checking the obvious. 8 pin CPU power connected? PSU switch on? Have another PSU to try?
  2. Best answer
    Did you connect both mobo power blocks? Many seem to forget about the 8-pin and only install the larger power connector.
  3. Yes, I was doing it by the instructions which said both 24-pin plug, and 8-pin plug were necessary. The only part I was confused with was where it talked about the 'short'. A tiny device that connects two of the three prongs on the CMOS. I've even attempted a short start with a screwdriver like on the newegg help video. No life out of it.
    I don't have another psu to try it with, but my friend may have one. I'll have to ask him for help in testing.
  4. The short is to reset the CMOS chip. This will default all settings in the BIOS.
  5. Ok, I tested it. Used my old mobo on the psu and discovered that the ASRock is dead as a doornail..
  6. Best answer selected by 5w337x7007h.
Ask a new question

Read More

ASRock Motherboards