ASRock 970 Extreme3 no power

5w337x7007h

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012
I just got my brand new mobo this Wednesday. Just got to removing the old mobo, and putting this recommended mobo in. I took precautions to make sure I didn't fry the board. Because I don't have an anti-static bracelet, I followed Newegg tips and touched my metal bookshelf to get rid of any unnecessary static electricity if any. I equip the processor to it, fastened it into the chassis, hooked everything up according to the manual, and then, as I go to turn it on, nothing. It won't start at all.
I've got an AMD 6-core processor, Radeon HD 6670 video card, and an Antec 25 650 watt psu (ATX 12V V2.3).
I'd appreciate any help.

5w337x7007h

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012
Yes, I was doing it by the instructions which said both 24-pin plug, and 8-pin plug were necessary. The only part I was confused with was where it talked about the 'short'. A tiny device that connects two of the three prongs on the CMOS. I've even attempted a short start with a screwdriver like on the newegg help video. No life out of it.
I don't have another psu to try it with, but my friend may have one. I'll have to ask him for help in testing.