Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

ECS MB are poor quality!

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
December 21, 2012 2:47:21 PM

Bought brand new in box Black X58B-A3 SLI and it couldn't keep running for one day! It crashes every 3 hours! Contacting tech support is a waste of time, they run you in circles not ever admitting their product has a failure. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY on their products! You may get lucky and get a good one but if you have any problems they will not stand behind what they build and sell.

More about : ecs poor quality

a b V Motherboard
December 21, 2012 2:59:09 PM

Since you contacted ECS Technical Support, did you get any help on trouble shooting? TSD can't make any final decision on the product until testing.
m
0
l
December 22, 2012 8:12:00 AM

I can't defend evil ECS (refers to bribes paid to a fired Fry's executive), but any motherboard can crash when used with low quality memory (basically anything with decorative heat spreaders).
m
0
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
December 22, 2012 9:50:47 AM

bryanl said:
I can't defend evil ECS (refers to bribes paid to a fired Fry's executive), but any motherboard can crash when used with low quality memory (basically anything with decorative heat spreaders).


That is a overly broad assumption since both HIGH QUALITY and LOW Quality memory can both come with shiny decroative heat spreaders


If your motherboard is dodgy and you bought it recently, take it back, thats what RMA's are for
m
0
l
December 23, 2012 10:18:34 AM

kitsunestarwind said:
That is a overly broad assumption since both HIGH QUALITY and LOW Quality memory can both come with shiny decroative heat spreaders

Please prove the high quality by providing a photo of a DIMM with heat spreaders that wasn't made with either UTT or overclocked chips and that isn't an RDIMM or a Samsung DIMM.
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
December 23, 2012 10:49:47 AM

On the same note I could say please provide proof that all ram with heat spreaders is junk.

plus adding that can't include overclocked chips, even though to meet JEDEC and XMP spec the overclocked chips are tested and speed binned making them not junk.
And not including Samsung? why because they make ram that ruins your theory perhaps
m
0
l
December 28, 2012 8:30:15 AM

kitsunestarwind said:
On the same note I could say please provide proof that all ram with heat spreaders is junk.

Of course, in turn, after you.

I said _basically_ anything with heat spreaders is low quality memory, meaning it's a rule of thumb and is not an absolute. My apologies for not making that clear. However I wouldn't be surprised if it applied in 95-99% of cases.

kitsunestarwind said:
plus adding that can't include overclocked chips, even though to meet JEDEC and XMP spec the overclocked chips are tested and speed binned making them not junk.
And not including Samsung? why because they make ram that ruins your theory perhaps

Because Samsung doesn't overclock or use unbranded chips, which may be why their DIMMs overclock so well. Most other DIMM producers bin chips to low standards, using machines that are little more than PCs instead of high resolution analyzers, and their higher defect rates seem to confirm the inadequacies.

m
0
l
!