Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Last minute motherboard reccomendations?

Last response: in Motherboards
December 21, 2012 3:59:43 PM

So i've got a budget of around $200 for a new motherboard. Im upgrading from a EVGA 123-LF-E653-KR (P55 LE) so that means i'll in turn need a new CPU. Ive decided to go with the Intel Core i7-3770K.

At the moment I'm a wee torn between the ASUS P8Z77-V PRO and the ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 (I'm a bit of an ASUS fanboy) but I figure I'd get your guy's input before I make decision.
a c 474 V Motherboard
a c 118 Ĉ ASUS
December 21, 2012 4:28:43 PM

Daratum said:
So i've got a budget of around $200 for a new motherboard. Im upgrading from a EVGA 123-LF-E653-KR (P55 LE) so that means i'll in turn need a new CPU. Ive decided to go with the Intel Core i7-3770K.

At the moment I'm a wee torn between the ASUS P8Z77-V PRO and the ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 (I'm a bit of an ASUS fanboy) but I figure I'd get your guy's input before I make decision.

i have the sabertooth it a nice board...the small fans do make some noise at max rpm. asus could make a lot more money selling the cover for use on other mb. i bought my mb becuase i wanted an all black look to my build. i can see why your torn the pro has built in wifi and the standard ports on it.
m
l

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
December 21, 2012 4:32:03 PM

sabertooth looks nice with that armor :D 
Related resources
December 21, 2012 6:17:42 PM

smorizio said:
i have the sabertooth it a nice board...the small fans do make some noise at max rpm. asus could make a lot more money selling the cover for use on other mb. i bought my mb becuase i wanted an all black look to my build. i can see why your torn the pro has built in wifi and the standard ports on it.

Would you say the noise is noticeable?
m
l
December 27, 2012 11:24:55 PM

Best answer selected by Daratum.
m
l
!