Solved

Last minute motherboard reccomendations?

So i've got a budget of around $200 for a new motherboard. Im upgrading from a EVGA 123-LF-E653-KR (P55 LE) so that means i'll in turn need a new CPU. Ive decided to go with the Intel Core i7-3770K.

At the moment I'm a wee torn between the ASUS P8Z77-V PRO and the ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 (I'm a bit of an ASUS fanboy) but I figure I'd get your guy's input before I make decision.
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about last minute motherboard reccomendations
  1. Daratum said:
    So i've got a budget of around $200 for a new motherboard. Im upgrading from a EVGA 123-LF-E653-KR (P55 LE) so that means i'll in turn need a new CPU. Ive decided to go with the Intel Core i7-3770K.

At the moment I'm a wee torn between the ASUS P8Z77-V PRO and the ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 (I'm a bit of an ASUS fanboy) but I figure I'd get your guy's input before I make decision.

i have the sabertooth it a nice board...the small fans do make some noise at max rpm. asus could make a lot more money selling the cover for use on other mb. i bought my mb becuase i wanted an all black look to my build. i can see why your torn the pro has built in wifi and the standard ports on it.
  2. Best answer
    sabertooth looks nice with that armor :D
  3. smorizio said:
    i have the sabertooth it a nice board...the small fans do make some noise at max rpm. asus could make a lot more money selling the cover for use on other mb. i bought my mb becuase i wanted an all black look to my build. i can see why your torn the pro has built in wifi and the standard ports on it.

Would you say the noise is noticeable?
  4. Best answer selected by Daratum.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Asus