Asus GTX560 DirectCU - 3 monitors

Hello,

i want to connect three monitors as one (to expand my desktop)i have asus gtx560directCU i keep trying but it seems to be i am missing something. is it possible or not? what should i do? i want to have one task bar over all three monitors. do i need special software?
16 answers Last reply
More about asus gtx560 directcu monitors
  1. If I remember correctly, you need 2 cards running in SLI to run more than 2 monitors so it's impossible to do it on a single card.
    And yes, you need special software such as Realtime Soft UltraMon and Actual Multiple Monitors to have taskbar on all monitors.
  2. yeah nvidia hasn't figured out how to game on a single card yet amd has had it for years. main reason i have amd
  3. Nvidia only supports 2 monitors, amd supports 3 with displayport.

It's not that they haven't figured out, they choose not to. There are quadros that support up to 4 monitors and are single gpu, not mentioning dual gpus. The reason is nvidia focuses geforce on gaming and anyone with a 3 monitor gaming rig is not gaming on a single card. It's simple, even a 580 can't possibly hardcore game at 5760x1080.

Seriously you think they can't figure out how to do more than 2 monitors? No offense.
  4. The Standard for consumer cards was two monitors for a long time (yes matrox did 3 but who cares :p). Eyefinity came about as a feature for the 5000 series, and by the time nVidia found out about it they had already done their Fermi dies and had a hard time making those work as they were so they got blindsided by AMD. The 500 series is mostly a fix of the 400 series.

Anyway you need another GTX 560 if you want to game with 3 monitors. If you just want it for desktop use you can just get another video card (like a cheap gt 430 or something) and connect a third monitor do it.
  5. Quote:
    The reason is nvidia focuses geforce on gaming and anyone with a 3 monitor gaming rig is not gaming on a single card. It's simple, even a 580 can't possibly hardcore game at 5760x1080.

Really? The slower 6970 seems to do ok.

Quote:
    Eyefinity came about as a feature for the 5000 series, and by the time nVidia found out about it they had already done their Fermi dies and had a hard time making those work as they were so they got blindsided by AMD. The 500 series is mostly a fix of the 400 series.

Thats the real reason. The IGP found in Intel's IB is supposed to support 3 monitors, and I'd be surprised if the GTX6xx didn't as well. If it doesn't, that means they've been working on the 6 series since before AMDs 5xxx series came out. 7xx would be the latest you'd see 3 monitor support from Nvidia.
  6. so what is your suggestion, my budget doesnt allow me to buy another
    gtx560. i would rather buy another video card cheaper offcourse. My motherboard is MSI 990FXA-GD65. can i connect another video card on this motherboard. i have about 200$ for new video card.
  7. You can buy a cheaper video card like a GT220, but you won't be able to make them run together. Perhaps sell your card on ebay/local craigs list and buy a 6870? (or more of budget allows.)
  8. i think that best solution would be to buy another video card so i can paire with asus gtx 560 and make them run as one that would be great for playing game over 3 monitors and also for one desktop. what video card i should buy because i am not sure does it has to be also asus or not because of parring them together
  9. The best way is to buy another 560. It doesn't have to be from the same company.

Also, the 560 has 1Gb VRAM so you will have to turn down/off settings (AA/AF etc) to avoid bottlenecks in surround.

If running SLI, also make sure you have a good PSU.

Good luck.
  10. yes, i thought of that but i also have to get another power supply because
    this gtx560 recommend at least 450 watts its not that simple.
    my problem is what video card should i get to pair with this one, and when i instal it on mother board i don't have to connect on separate power supply?
  11. You can get ANY GTX560. It doesn't have to be the same GTX560.

I think you should get a NEW power supply. Minimum 600W.
  12. this is my configuration
    Asus GeForce ENGTX560 Ti DirectCU II
    MSI 990FXA-GD65
    AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition 3.40GHz 8MB
    CHIEFTEC GPS-550AB-A 550W
    kingston hyperx 2x4GB DDR3 PC1666
    2 philips 24inches 241e1sb
    1 samsung t240
    WD/SAMSUNG 1TB 7200rpm SATA 32 cache

for gtx560 i have to buy one more power supply

i thought if there is a video card supplying with power from motherboard but also good one so i can pair with this one.

NOW I AM TRYING WITH CHEAP VIDEO CARD JUST TO EXPAND MY DESKTOP
    I ALSO TRIED ONE TASKBAR OVER ALL THREE MONITORS WITH DISPLAY FUSION AND ITS NOT WORKING. ANY SUGGESTION FOR SOFTWARE

I WANT MY DESKTOP LIKE THIS ONE HERE (CLICK ON LINK BELOW)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVIMs3upVp8
  13. ZenithCS said:
    If I remember correctly, you need 2 cards running in SLI to run more than 2 monitors so it's impossible to do it on a single card.
    And yes, you need special software such as Realtime Soft UltraMon and Actual Multiple Monitors to have taskbar on all monitors.

farrengottu said:
    yeah nvidia hasn't figured out how to game on a single card yet amd has had it for years. main reason i have amd

Anonymous said:
    Nvidia only supports 2 monitors, amd supports 3 with displayport.

It's not that they haven't figured out, they choose not to. There are quadros that support up to 4 monitors and are single gpu, not mentioning dual gpus. The reason is nvidia focuses geforce on gaming and anyone with a 3 monitor gaming rig is not gaming on a single card. It's simple, even a 580 can't possibly hardcore game at 5760x1080.

Seriously you think they can't figure out how to do more than 2 monitors? No offense.

Whilst it's not an 'official' card it does exist nonetheless.

http://www.guru3d.com/article/kfa2-geforce-gtx-560-ti-mdt-x5-review/1

14. Well I don't have much time to search right now but I can't find a 6970 benchmark at 5760x1080 but there is the 6990/590 review. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-590-dual-gf110-radeon-hd-6990,2898-15.html

I stand corrected to the correct multi monitor reason. But why didn't more aftermarket company not make the change like kfa? Unless it's the same reason nvidia didn't: already in production?
  15. ???

OP, software has already been suggested. And I guess I need to repeat myself as well. You CAN'T buy a cheap card and get Eyefinity. It won't work. You need another GTX560. Sucks you can't afford another one but that's how it is. READ THIS!!!!

Quote:
    You can buy a cheaper video card like a GT220, but you won't be able to make them run together. Perhaps sell your card on ebay/local craigs list and buy a 6870? (or more of budget allows.)
  16. perhaps this one supports three monitors

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102881

i'll sell the asus gtx560 that is the best solution
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Asus Connection Monitors Graphics