help with belkin bluetooth adapter

Last response: in Technologies
Share
March 3, 2005 9:59:48 PM

hi,

i bought a bluetooth dongle today, (belkin) and it all works fine, but it
has too many processes. in msconfig, i have 2 extra in their.

i've installed the nokia software as well, which works good, but that had 2
processes as well, when i start my pc up. its sort of slowing down my pc.

i can stop all of these, but now i cant get the bluetooth icon off the
desktop. when i right click on it, there is no delete. i cant get rid of it?

i need some help

thanx

devin
Anonymous
March 4, 2005 8:31:21 AM

"DP" <dp@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> hi,
>
> i bought a bluetooth dongle today, (belkin) and it all works fine, but it
> has too many processes. in msconfig, i have 2 extra in their.
>
> i've installed the nokia software as well, which works good, but that had
> 2
> processes as well, when i start my pc up. its sort of slowing down my pc.
>
> i can stop all of these, but now i cant get the bluetooth icon off the
> desktop. when i right click on it, there is no delete. i cant get rid of
> it?
>
> i need some help

What do you mean by "too many processes"? What are the processes that you
think are unecessary? Also, what version of Windows are you running? If it's
XP are you running SP2? If so you may need to reload the drivers for the
Belkin and not the Microsoft drivers that will autoload with SP2. Try this
link for lots of details on Bluetooth and SP2, look closely at the section
titled "What can I do if some of the Bluetooth device features no longer
function?"

As for deleting the BT icon on the desktop the only way to do that is to
remove the BT software from your computer.

TC
March 4, 2005 11:47:50 AM

i've got windows xp sp1. its all wokring, i just want to remove the icon on
the desktop. cos i dont need the connection all the time.

devin

"Tony Clark" <curiousgeorge1964@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "DP" <dp@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > hi,
> >
> > i bought a bluetooth dongle today, (belkin) and it all works fine, but
it
> > has too many processes. in msconfig, i have 2 extra in their.
> >
> > i've installed the nokia software as well, which works good, but that
had
> > 2
> > processes as well, when i start my pc up. its sort of slowing down my
pc.

> > i can stop all of these, but now i cant get the bluetooth icon off the
> > desktop. when i right click on it, there is no delete. i cant get rid of
> > it?
> >
> > i need some help
> >

> What do you mean by "too many processes"? What are the processes that you
> think are unecessary? Also, what version of Windows are you running? If
it's
> XP are you running SP2? If so you may need to reload the drivers for the
> Belkin and not the Microsoft drivers that will autoload with SP2. Try this
> link for lots of details on Bluetooth and SP2, look closely at the section
> titled "What can I do if some of the Bluetooth device features no longer
> function?"
>
> As for deleting the BT icon on the desktop the only way to do that is to
> remove the BT software from your computer.
>
> TC

March 5, 2005 1:45:14 AM

I have tried to remove that BT Desktop adapter and never could figur it out.
Even when I undid the checkbox for DISPLAY THIS ICON ON THE TOOLBAR it
strayed. Then one day, it vanished. Hopefully Mauricio has the answer. Ck
out the man at www.geekzone.co.nz

> i've got windows xp sp1. its all wokring, i just want to remove the icon
on
> the desktop. cos i dont need the connection all the time.
>
> devin
>

> "Tony Clark" <curiousgeorge1964@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "DP" <dp@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > hi,
> > >
> > > i bought a bluetooth dongle today, (belkin) and it all works fine, but
> it
> > > has too many processes. in msconfig, i have 2 extra in their.
> > >
> > > i've installed the nokia software as well, which works good, but that
> had
> > > 2
> > > processes as well, when i start my pc up. its sort of slowing down my
> pc.
> > >
> > > i can stop all of these, but now i cant get the bluetooth icon off the
> > > desktop. when i right click on it, there is no delete. i cant get rid
of
> > > it?
> > >
> > > i need some help
> > >

> > What do you mean by "too many processes"? What are the processes that
you
> > think are unecessary? Also, what version of Windows are you running? If
> it's
> > XP are you running SP2? If so you may need to reload the drivers for the
> > Belkin and not the Microsoft drivers that will autoload with SP2. Try
this
> > link for lots of details on Bluetooth and SP2, look closely at the
section
> > titled "What can I do if some of the Bluetooth device features no longer
> > function?"
> >
> > As for deleting the BT icon on the desktop the only way to do that is to
> > remove the BT software from your computer.
> >
> > TC

Anonymous
March 5, 2005 10:13:54 AM

"Say What?" <ur@kiddin.me> wrote in message
>I have tried to remove that BT Desktop adapter and never could figur it
>out.
> Even when I undid the checkbox for DISPLAY THIS ICON ON THE TOOLBAR it
> strayed. Then one day, it vanished. Hopefully Mauricio has the answer. Ck
> out the man at www.geekzone.co.nz

Mauricio may have an answer for you. I have never seen a way to disable the
desktop icon.

TC
March 5, 2005 12:33:08 PM

i know how to do it, if any1 wants to know.

!