Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Corsair TX650 V2 vs. HX650 question.

Last response: in Components
Share
February 16, 2012 5:30:04 AM

Doing my first build, and the TX650
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
was recommended, and the amount of power is more than enough, but when talking to people at Corsair, the HX650
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
sounds like it would make my life easier, being almost fully modular, and of course it's just a better power supply with a 2 year longer warranty'
Of course, yesterday the HX650 was $30 cheaper, and with the 15% off promo, it would have been about $111 out the door.

The TX650 is still on sale, and much cheaper. I'm not trying to skimp, but the guy at Corsair said this PSU is one of their most popular, but it's not modular.

The case I'm using gets great reviews for cable management
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
so I'm wondering if I'd be just about as well off going with the "cheaper" PSU?


Or I guess I could possibly go with the TX650M.....which is semi modular
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Any input greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
February 16, 2012 1:04:11 PM

davcon said:
Antec Truepower New 650W Modular
http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=36263&vpn=TP%2D650&man...
Corsair Professional HX650W
http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=42532&vpn=CMPSU%2D650H...
Both are semi-modular and built off the same Seasonic platform.



Thanks for the links! So, obviously I'm better off using the Antec, if they're basically the same, yes?

How much better off am I using one of these as opposed to the TX650?

Also.....a few reviews I've read of the case I'm using have people having minor issues with the cable reaching the motherboard, and the guy at Corsair said they're probably using an off brand or cheaper PSU, don't know how accurate that is, but I'm assuming the Antec has nice lengthy cables too, yes? It's my first build, so sorry for the amateurish questions, just trying to avoid as many issues as I can. Thanks!
m
0
l
Related resources
February 16, 2012 1:38:29 PM

I own the HX650 - I haven't had any trouble with cables not reaching a motherboard. Assuming the cables on the HX and TX are of the same length, I'd think that you'd have no problem. Additionally, my PSU came with an extension 8-pin cable so it can easily go through the back of the motherboard.

You didn't mention your case but I'd still suggest modularity for a cleaner interior.
m
0
l
a c 1167 ) Power supply
February 16, 2012 3:11:49 PM

soulweeper said:
Thanks for the links! So, obviously I'm better off using the Antec, if they're basically the same, yes?

How much better off am I using one of these as opposed to the TX650?

Also.....a few reviews I've read of the case I'm using have people having minor issues with the cable reaching the motherboard, and the guy at Corsair said they're probably using an off brand or cheaper PSU, don't know how accurate that is, but I'm assuming the Antec has nice lengthy cables too, yes? It's my first build, so sorry for the amateurish questions, just trying to avoid as many issues as I can. Thanks!

No. The Antec True Power New's cables are shorter by a few centimeters.
m
0
l
a c 274 ) Power supply
February 16, 2012 6:49:49 PM

soulweeper said:
Thanks for the links! So, obviously I'm better off using the Antec, if they're basically the same, yes?

How much better off am I using one of these as opposed to the TX650?

Also.....a few reviews I've read of the case I'm using have people having minor issues with the cable reaching the motherboard, and the guy at Corsair said they're probably using an off brand or cheaper PSU, don't know how accurate that is, but I'm assuming the Antec has nice lengthy cables too, yes? It's my first build, so sorry for the amateurish questions, just trying to avoid as many issues as I can. Thanks!

Yes the HX and TPN are similar performance wise= both feature 4xPCI-E pins.
The TXV2 650 is a solid unit = 2xPCI-E.
I'd probably choose this over the TXV2 650 though.
XFX 650W PRO650W
http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=59616&vpn=P1650SNLB9&m...

ko888 mentions the Antec's cables are a little shorter = i'll take his word for it anytime.
i think the Antec cable length would be fine though and shouldn't present a problem.
nothing like OZC cable lengths which are notoriously short.
m
0
l
a c 1167 ) Power supply
February 16, 2012 7:15:53 PM

The motherboard cables where the length matters most:

Antec True Power New TP650
(20+4) ATX main connector: 540mm (21.3")
4-pin ATX12V: 540mm
8-pin EPS12V: 540mm

Corsair CMPSU-650HX & CMPSU-650TXV2
(20+4) ATX main connector: 600mm (23.6”)
8-pin EPS12V: 600mm
m
0
l
February 16, 2012 7:53:25 PM

steadywaters said:
I own the HX650 - I haven't had any trouble with cables not reaching a motherboard. Assuming the cables on the HX and TX are of the same length, I'd think that you'd have no problem. Additionally, my PSU came with an extension 8-pin cable so it can easily go through the back of the motherboard.

You didn't mention your case but I'd still suggest modularity for a cleaner interior.

Oh......thought I'd mentioned the case......sorry. I'm going to use the Corsair 500R.
m
0
l
February 16, 2012 7:59:01 PM

davcon said:
Yes the HX and TPN are similar performance wise= both feature 4xPCI-E pins.
The TXV2 650 is a solid unit = 2xPCI-E.
I'd probably choose this over the TXV2 650 though.
XFX 650W PRO650W
http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=59616&vpn=P1650SNLB9&m...


Why would you choose that one over the TXV2?

Most likely I'm going to go with the HX or TPN, due to them both being semi modular, but not set in stone. The TPN is a great price, hard to resist, but the HX is a pretty good price as well, and the cables are a bit longer, just in case that extra length is needed. I guess it's almost a coin toss, unless I just go for the TXV2 or the XFX you mentioned.
m
0
l
a c 274 ) Power supply
February 16, 2012 8:25:39 PM

soulweeper said:
Why would you chose that one over the TXV2?

Most likely I'm going to go with the HX or TPN, due to them both being semi modular, but not set in stone. The TPN is a great price, hard to resist, but the HX is a pretty good price as well, and the cables are a bit longer, just incase that extra length is needed. I guess it's almost a coin toss, unless I just go for the TXV2 or the XFX you mentioned.

Simply because it has 2 x 6-Pin, 2 x 6+2-Pin(not a big deal if you never plan to add a 2nd gpu) = but it's cheaper.
You really can't chose a bad unit out of the 4.
They're all Seasonic oem.
To make your decision harder.
Seasonic M12II 620W 80+ Bronze Modular
http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=52176&vpn=M12II%20620&...
m
0
l
a c 134 ) Power supply
February 16, 2012 9:20:37 PM

I'm completely lost on the "full modular" attraction. You simply can not build a gaming box w/o connecting:

24 pim MoBo cable
8 pin EPS cable
1 SATA power cable
1 PCI-E cable

So exactly what is the advantage of having these cables "modular" ?.... you introduce a failure point, increase resistance and cost and this is deemed a "good thing" ?

Hybrid modular is what most enthusiast lines are equipped with ..... necessary cables are hard wired, optional cable srae modular giving you the best of both worlds.

The main difference between the HX series and the TX V2 series is that the HX series* gets a 10.0 jonnyguru performance rating and the TX V2 series gets a 9.5 rating. The main area where this will come into play is when pushing high overclocks on GPU and CPU when under heavy loads, the HX series will be able to maintain more stable voltages which results in more stable overclocks. If ya not pushing say a 2500k to 4.7 and up, or say a 560 Ti over 1000Mhz the TX series is just fine.

I am curious as to what MoBo you are using ..... if its a SLI / CF capable MoBo and you picked only a 650 watter cause you only have 1 GFX card at the moment, I'd strongly urge and upgrade to a 850 watter to provide the flexibility of adding a 2nd card in CF / SLI at a a later date.

Note: The HX series has a pair of notable exceptions in the the HX100 and HX1050 are rather average units.....not with their high price with their rather pedestrian 8.5 / 9.0 performance rating
m
0
l
February 16, 2012 11:19:52 PM

JackNaylorPE said:
I'm completely lost on the "full modular" attraction. You simply can not build a gaming box w/o connecting:

24 pim MoBo cable
8 pin EPS cable
1 SATA power cable
1 PCI-E cable

So exactly what is the advantage of having these cables "modular" ?.... you introduce a failure point, increase resistance and cost and this is deemed a "good thing" ?

Hybrid modular is what most enthusiast lines are equipped with ..... necessary cables are hard wired, optional cable srae modular giving you the best of both worlds.

The main difference between the HX series and the TX V2 series is that the HX series* gets a 10.0 jonnyguru performance rating and the TX V2 series gets a 9.5 rating. The main area where this will come into play is when pushing high overclocks on GPU and CPU when under heavy loads, the HX series will be able to maintain more stable voltages which results in more stable overclocks. If ya not pushing say a 2500k to 4.7 and up, or say a 560 Ti over 1000Mhz the TX series is just fine.

I am curious as to what MoBo you are using ..... if its a SLI / CF capable MoBo and you picked only a 650 watter cause you only have 1 GFX card at the moment, I'd strongly urge and upgrade to a 850 watter to provide the flexibility of adding a 2nd card in CF / SLI at a a later date.

Note: The HX series has a pair of notable exceptions in the the HX100 and HX1050 are rather average units.....not with their high price with their rather pedestrian 8.5 / 9.0 performance rating

Well, to answer a few of your questions.......I have one friend that builds all the time that simply won't spend the extra on modular if it's not on sale.....she doesn't see the need. I have another friend in Chicago that says "modular all the way" because you don't use what you don't need, and it makes cable management easier. Then I read reviews on this case and that case, and how one case is a pain if you use a non modular PSU, etc. etc. Well, it's my first build, I have OCD, to a degree, so I'm trying to find the happy medium, and possibly avoid some of the frustration I read about.

That being said, I'm not a gamer at all......the case I ordered(Corsair 500R) is probably overkill, but I got a great price on it....I won't be running two GPU's. To be honest, I'm on a 10 year old Dell Dimension, and I'm simply pissed off that I can't watch an HD Youtube video, or any HD video.....or a Blu Ray. I'm sick of the spinning hourglass because I opened freakin Word while my AV was running.......you get the idea.

I could get an HP that would suit my needs, but I want to build my first, and I am building something that will exceed my needs a little, and will let me play a mild game, if I even chose to, but my concern is mainly video/Blu Ray......that type of thing....and a fast computer in general.

This is my CPU
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

this might be my motherboard....or in the same neighborhood
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

and I got a GeForce 550ti for a GPU

So you see, nothing over the top. I might be reading too much into the PSU thing too....but I want to do it "right"
m
0
l
February 16, 2012 11:45:35 PM

davcon said:
Simply because it has 2 x 6-Pin, 2 x 6+2-Pin(not a big deal if you never plan to add a 2nd gpu) = but it's cheaper.
You really can't chose a bad unit out of the 4.

That being said, you think it might be the safest bet to stick with one of the Corsair ones, as the cables are a little longer? Maybe that's just being too careful on my part.
m
0
l
a c 274 ) Power supply
February 16, 2012 11:53:53 PM

soulweeper said:
That being said, you think it might be the safest bet to stick with one of the Corsair ones, as the cables are a little longer? Maybe that's just being too careful on my part.

Like i said everything i linked is a quality unit.
Go with your gut instinct!
Good lick with your build :kaola:  lol! luck!
m
0
l
February 17, 2012 12:32:18 AM

davcon said:
Like i said everything i linked is a quality unit.
Go with your gut instinct!
Good lick with your build :kaola:  lol! luck!

Thanks!
Can I ask your opinion? Between the HX650 and the TX650, would you say the biggest difference would be the HX650 is semi modular? Just wondering If I should spend the extra money, when I could probably "manage" the TX650 just fine, I'm thinking.
The HX650 has a 2 year longer warranty.

OCD is not a good mixture with computer building, I can tell that already!
:) 
m
0
l
a c 1167 ) Power supply
February 17, 2012 1:03:05 AM

If you're bothered by fan noise the cooling fan in the HX650 is quieter than the one in the TX650.
m
0
l
a c 274 ) Power supply
February 17, 2012 1:17:18 AM

soulweeper said:
Thanks!
Can I ask your opinion? Between the HX650 and the TX650, would you say the biggest difference would be the HX650 is semi modular? Just wondering If I should spend the extra money, when I could probably "manage" the TX650 just fine, I'm thinking.
The HX650 has a 2 year longer warranty.

OCD is not a good mixture with computer building, I can tell that already!
:) 

Go with your gut instinct the HX is a nice looking unit and has very good performance.
And yes the TX would serve you well too.
If i didn't spring for the HX i think the Seasonic M12II 620W offers the best of both worlds doesn't it.
m
0
l
February 17, 2012 1:50:45 AM

davcon said:
Go with your gut instinct the HX is a nice looking unit and has very good performance.
And yes the TX would serve you well too.
If i didn't spring for the HX i think the Seasonic M12II 620W offers the best of both worlds doesn't it.

I'm trying to remember who I was talking to that told me I needed a certain number of amps at a certain voltage, and they said it was very important......it was either someone from EVGA or Corsair, but we looked at the HX650 and TX650, and they both had the minimum......can't remember what he was referring to, but it was clear I was good with either of those.

ko888 brought up the fan noise of the TX over the HX. The case I'm getting has two 140mm fans, one 120mm fan, and a 200mm fan, so I wonder if it will matter much which PSU is quieter. Every little bit helps
The TX is tempting because with the 15% off promotion, it would be $67 out the door, after the rebate.
m
0
l
a c 104 ) Power supply
February 17, 2012 1:53:16 AM

@Op, I have ocd with cables but I can tell you that good Cm is more than possible with the non-modular Psu's, time, planning and design make all the difference,
Plus a healthy attitude to cutting a hole or two when necessary :-p
Moto
m
0
l
a c 1167 ) Power supply
February 17, 2012 2:05:44 AM

soulweeper said:
I'm trying to remember who I was talking to that told me I needed a certain number of amps at a certain voltage, and they said it was very important......it was either someone from EVGA or Corsair, but we looked at the HX650 and TX650, and they both had the minimum......can't remember what he was referring to, but it was clear I was good with either of those.

ko888 brought up the fan noise of the TX over the HX. The case I'm getting has two 140mm fans, one 120mm fan, and a 200mm fan, so I wonder if it will matter much which PSU is quieter. Every little bit helps
The TX is tempting because with the 15% off promotion, it would be $67 out the door, after the rebate.

For a system using a single GeForce GTX 550 Ti graphics card NVIDIA specifies a minimum of a 400 Watt or greater power supply that has a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 24 Amps or greater and that has at least one 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector.

The Corsair Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 (CMPSU-650TXV2), with its +12 Volt continuous current rating of 53 Amps and with two (6+2)-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors, is way more than sufficient to power your system build.

The Corsair Professional HX650 (CMPSU-650HX), with its +12 Volt continuous current rating of 52 Amps and with four (6+2)-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors, is also way more than sufficient to power your system build.
m
0
l
February 17, 2012 4:47:17 AM

ko888 said:
For a system using a single GeForce GTX 550 Ti graphics card NVIDIA specifies a minimum of a 400 Watt or greater power supply that has a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 24 Amps or greater and that has at least one 6-pin and one 8-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

The Corsair Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 (CMPSU-650TXV2), with its +12 Volt continuous current rating of 53 Amps and with two (6+2)-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors, is way more than sufficient to power your system build.

The Corsair Professional HX650 (CMPSU-650HX), with its +12 Volt continuous current rating of 52 Amps and with four (6+2)-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors, is also way more than sufficient to power your system build.

Thanks for that info!
m
0
l
a c 110 ) Power supply
February 17, 2012 4:49:10 AM

You don't need 650w for a 550ti...
m
0
l
February 17, 2012 5:08:33 AM

amuffin said:
You don't need 650w for a 550ti...

Well, I heard if you go a little overkill on the PSU, that it is simply easier on it....much like driving a car at lower rpms as opposed to tached out. Not sure how accurate that is. I've had people tell me the same thing you have....it's too much, and people have told me to to 750w.....not sure what for.
m
0
l
February 17, 2012 6:20:07 PM

This is such a good deal for this PSU
http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=36263&vpn=TP-650&manuf...
I'm really tempted to go for it, but the length of the cables would have me a little concerned, with the Corsair 500R case. It's arriving today......is there any way I could maybe get an idea if it will work simply by measuring? Without the PSU and motherboard I guess that would be highly inaccurate. Just a thought.

Just for the heck of it....anyone else think 650w is too overkill?
m
0
l
a c 1167 ) Power supply
February 17, 2012 7:17:25 PM

soulweeper said:
Well, I heard if you go a little overkill on the PSU, that it is simply easier on it....much like driving a car at lower rpms as opposed to tached out. Not sure how accurate that is. I've had people tell me the same thing you have....it's too much, and people have told me to to 750w.....not sure what for.

Heat is the enemy of electronic components.

The more efficient the power supply the less heat that is generated.

Getting a power supply that has a high wattage rating does not mean that you will be operating within the power supply's range of maximum efficiency. A power supply is most inefficient when drawing less than 20% of its rated power.
m
0
l
a c 1167 ) Power supply
February 17, 2012 7:54:28 PM

soulweeper said:
This is such a good deal for this PSU
http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=36263&vpn=TP-650&manuf...
I'm really tempted to go for it, but the length of the cables would have me a little concerned, with the Corsair 500R case. It's arriving today......is there any way I could maybe get an idea if it will work simply by measuring? Without the PSU and motherboard I guess that would be highly inaccurate. Just a thought.

Just for the heck of it....anyone else think 650w is too overkill?

If you know where the 24-pin ATX main connector and the ATX12V CPU connector is located on the motherboard you can use a string and route it, as if you were practicing proper cable management, from where the power supply is located to where the appropriate port is located on the motherboard, when you get one, it will give you a very accurate estimate of the cable length you are going to require.

I think a 650W PSU is little excessive for your build.

I would be looking at 80 PLUS GOLD certified PSUs in the 450W to 500W range.

For example: http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=62910&vpn=PPA5003102&m...
m
0
l
February 17, 2012 8:11:23 PM

Yeah, I don't want to wait to get the motherboard to order the PSU. I want to have everything, and just build it. I know I'd be safe with the Corsair. If you really think 650 is excessive, I could even look at 550W PSU's then, to save a few bucks, yes? I don't mind having a little more. Correct me If I'm wrong, but the motherboard needs a certain amount of power, correct? Or, is the PSU wattage requirement based mainly on the GPU?
m
0
l
a c 1167 ) Power supply
February 17, 2012 8:16:56 PM

soulweeper said:
Yeah, I don't want to wait to get the motherboard to order the PSU. I want to have evrything, and just build it. I know I'd be safe with the Corsair. If you really think 650 is excessive, I could even look at 550W PSU's then, to save a few bucks, yes? I don't mind having a little more. Correct me If I'm wrong, but the motherboard needs a certain amount of power, correct? Or, is the PSU wattage requirement based mainly on the GPU?

The PSU wattage requirements given by NVIDIA is for the system (i.e. motherboard, CPU, memory, graphics card, hard disk drive, CD/DVD/BR drive, cpu cooling fan, case cooling fan).
m
0
l
February 17, 2012 8:43:06 PM

ko888 said:
The PSU wattage requirements given by NVIDIA is for the system (i.e. motherboard, CPU, memory, graphics card, hard disk drive, CD/DVD/BR drive, cpu cooling fan, case cooling fan).

Oh o.k......see what you mean about 650 being a bit excessive then.
m
0
l
a c 1167 ) Power supply
February 18, 2012 4:39:46 PM

soulweeper said:
If I did end up getting the Antec TP650
http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=36263&vpn=TP-650&manuf...
even though it's a bit excessive(but a good price)
correct me If I'm wrong, but wouldn't this be all I need
http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=36263&vpn=TP-650&manuf...
in the event the cables are a bit short?

Your second link is exactly the same as your first link so I couldn't see what you were referring to.

The following extension cables are available, depending on which one is too short and by how much:

24-Pin Male to Female ATX Power Extension Cable Black 30cm
http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=62210&vpn=BFA-MSC-24AT...

8 inch ATX12V 4-Pin P4 CPU Power Extension Cable - M/F
http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=19200&vpn=ATXP4EXT&man...

8-Pin Male to Female Intel EPS Power Extension Cable Black 45cm
http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=62209&vpn=BFA-MSC-8EPS...

8 inch EPS 8-Pin Power Extension Cable
http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=34083&vpn=EPS8EXT&manu...
m
0
l
February 18, 2012 5:08:53 PM

ko888 said:
Your second link is exactly the same as your first link so I couldn't see what you were referring to.


Whoops....sorry! It was supposed to be this
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
but you covered all that.

What do you think the odds are I'd need any at all, if I bought the Antec TP650?
m
0
l
a c 1167 ) Power supply
February 18, 2012 5:18:10 PM

soulweeper said:
Whoops....sorry! It was supposed to be this
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
but you covered all that.

What do you think the odds are I'd need any at all, if I bought the Antec TP650?

That one should work.

The only way to know if the Antec TP-650 does or doesn't need it is to install it in your computer case with your chosen motherboard.
m
0
l
February 18, 2012 6:37:00 PM

Yep, I know, I have a friend that builds all the time that is helping with advice, and swears by Antec, but also said Corsair is great too. You guys have shown me that they're all neck and neck. The bummer is a few days ago the Corsair HX650 was about $25 less than it is now at Newegg, and that Antec is a much better price right now, just a little concerned about the cable length. My friend said it's not the end of the world to go in front of the motherboard, so maybe I'm just reading too much into this. I'm trying to research and be careful with this, but my OCD definitely kicks in is a hindrance for sure. If the HX650 would drop again, it would seal the deal.

The TX650 is the best price.......I should just get that one and call it a day, lol.
m
0
l
February 18, 2012 9:12:31 PM

ko888 said:

A power supply is most inefficient when drawing less than 20% of its rated power.


Well, can I ask you......do you think a 650W PSU would be drawing too little on the build I'm doing, or is it simply a little excessive?
m
0
l
February 22, 2012 3:01:06 AM

ko888 said:
I did say in one of my replies above that you should be looking at 80 PLUS GOLD certified PSUs in the 450W to 500W range.

I gave the following as a suggestion of such a power supply:

http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=62910&vpn=PPA5003102&m...

Yes, I know you did, and I appreciate that. :) 
Number one, it's sold out. And two, it's a name I've never even heard of. That matters to me. I guess a better way to ask my question is, will it hurt anything to use a 650W PSU?
m
0
l
a c 1167 ) Power supply
February 22, 2012 3:36:42 AM

soulweeper said:
Yes, I know you did, and I appreciate that. :) 
Number one, it's sold out. And two, it's a name I've never even heard of. That matters to me. I guess a better way to ask my question is, will it hurt anything to use a 650W PSU?

No it won't hurt anything.
m
0
l
February 22, 2012 3:42:27 AM

ko888 said:
No it won't hurt anything.

Thanks again!

Say....just for the heck of it, what's your opinion on this one that davcon suggested?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

It gets good reviews, and the price is sure better than the Corsair, and they build the Corsairs and Antecs anyway, correct? If I'm understanding that correctly.
m
0
l
a c 1167 ) Power supply
February 22, 2012 3:07:34 PM

soulweeper said:
Thanks again!

Say....just for the heck of it, what's your opinion on this one that davcon suggested?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

It gets good reviews, and the price is sure better than the Corsair, and they build the Corsairs and Antecs anyway, correct? If I'm understanding that correctly.

Seasonic is the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) for only some of the models of power supplies sold by Antec and Corsair.

The Seasonic M12II-620 Bronze, that @davcon suggested, doesn't have a price/capacity advantage when compared to the slightly higher capacity CWT made Corsair Enthusiast Series Modular TX650M after the mail-in rebate is applied.

With the Seasonic M12II-620 Bronze you don't need to deal with a mail-in rebate.

Since you're concerned with cable lengths, the Seasonic M12II-620 Bronze's Main Power (24P/20P) ATX cable is 5cm shorter and the EPS12V/ATX12V (8P/4P) cable is 10cm shorter than the Corsair Enthusiast Series TX650M's.
m
0
l
February 22, 2012 3:15:00 PM

That's quite a difference in length. Even though the odds are it would work out, I'm much safer, most likely, with the 650HX, and I just ordered it from NothingButSoftware.com, for 106.87 out the door. Not too bad for that PSU, and I know I'm getting a solid unit with a 7 year warranty.
m
0
l
a c 1167 ) Power supply
February 22, 2012 3:18:55 PM

soulweeper said:
That's quite a difference in length. Even though the odds are it would work out, I'm much safer, most likely, with the 650HX, and I just ordered it from NothingButSoftware.com, for 106.87 out the door. Not too bad for that PSU, and I know I'm getting a solid unit with a 7 year warranty.

You've made a good choice.
m
0
l
!