Best 19 inch gaming monitor?

justjohn5

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
Guys I am in a bad situation. I used to game on a 24" monitor and I loved it.
Everything has changed every since I switched the furniture in my room. Trust me my room looks much better than before but there is one small problem...
My desk is small!!

I put the 24inch on the desk, and there is absolutely no space on the sides, and my parents will not allow me to have it on the desk. There is no other place I could put my computer, other than the living room. But I would never have it there, it would seem weird gaming with my parents on the sofa watching tv.

Anyway, my parents want me to buy a 19 inch monitor. Can I even game on a monitor of that size?

I have $200 to spend on the monitor, but I do not really think I will need to use that much, but if I do so be it.

What resolution do these monitors even play at?

I have a question: Does higher resolution impact gaming for the better?

I am looking for a nice monitor, that has a good resolution for its size ( I do not know what works for them) and one that has at least 5ms response time.

If you guys have a really good 20 inch monitor, I may just be able to convince my parents to add the extra inch, but I am not sure.

Thanks Tom's! :bounce:

Note: the sub-category is put on "graphics cards" I did not know what sub category to put it under. lol

justjohn5

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
yes 21.5 is to big. I tried my best trying convince them but its just to big.
So 19 inches would be perfect, but I might be able to get 20" monitor.

I mean does the extra inch really make a difference?
And can someone explain to me what are the best resolutions for:
19 inch monitors
20 inch monitors.

justjohn5

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
I don't really think I should be buying refurbished monitors, especially because I have had really bad past experience with refurbished items :\

Also, you say it is as good as I can get.. Is that a bad thing? If yes, and you have something negative to say, just say it so I can atleast hear what you have to say.

i would not give up monitor size, buy a new desk if you have to, you can get them pretty cheap from office shops, about the cost of a 19" monitor. I would really chuck the shits at my parents if they tried to pull that on me. I hope they are at least paying for the new monitor.

justjohn5

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
I can't just buy a new desk like that, sadly. Me and my younger brother share a room, and my parents comfortably managed to fit 2 desks in one room. It took them a pretty long time to find the exact furniture they wanted, and I do not think they would like to change after 1 month of having new furniture.
So in this case, I must stick with either a 19 or 20 inch monitor.

Guys is a gtx 570 overkill for a 20 inch monitor? especially the one I have listed?